Thread: Core i5/LGA 1156 CPU Coolers?

Primered

Core i5/LGA 1156 CPU Coolers?

Heya... Been a while since I posted here...RL sucking as usual... But I have yet to give up on my custom pc mod. Heres my latest question for you all.

I have been looking, and am hoping someone here knows something I dont...But would any of you recommend a good CPU cooler, a high performance one mind you, that fits the 1156 socket for the new i5 CPU's? My build plan was to already get the i7 920 CPU... and with the release of the new i5, I see nwo taht it would be far better to get the i5. It runs a bit faster in most cases, its lack of hyper threading being the only sacrifice.. but boosts in other areas... All in all, it either runs as good as or slightly better then the 920, and with overclocking can run far better... all at a much cheaper price. Unfortunately due to its young age, there arent many CPU coolers out there that support its size, a select handful... I have found a few good ones, but I would like comparisons and opinions, in case some of you have used them.

In short, which high performance cpu coolers would you recommend for the new i5 CPU size?

In contrast, the fully-fledged LGA1366 Core i7-920 is cheaper than both of the new Lynnfield Core i7 CPUs. With LGA1156 and dual-channel DDR3 memory comparable in price to LGA1366 and triple-channel kits, we don't see the point in opting for an LGA1156 Core i7 CPU at all. If you're too lazy or scared to overclock, the Core i7-860 is faster thanks to Turbo Boost (rev 2), but the Core i7-920 is far faster when manually overclocked.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2009/09/08/intel-core-i5-and-i7-lynnfield-cpu-review/11

All the cooler manufactures will have LGA1566 coolers / bracket kit updates for the top LGA1366 coolers in due time if they don't already have them hitting the market. Seeing that you stated this is a hypothetical build in your other post (as in you can afford to do it). Whats the rush?

Primered

Hmmm yes I do see a little relevance in that when looking at the new core i5. You can still get reletively the same speed as the 920 with the i5....I don't need the last bit of speed the higher grade processors get, at far greater prices...the reason why I am going with the i5 is because it is much cheaper, and since the higher end i7 uses the same socket...and more are soon to come out...my main reason for asking was to gather some opinions from anyone who uses cpus with that socket type.

Thread Information