Thread: Core i5 Chipset Users?

Primered

Core i5 Chipset Users?

Question for anyone who may have a core i5 bases mobo...
    With or without overclocking done, does anyone know the kind of heat the p55 chipset generates? Considering getting a rather unique chipset heatsink, heatpipe based, it has a unique design that allows the contact portion of the heatsink to fit under large graphic cards, the heatpipes going of to the side for a good inch I think, then up, so allows it to fit around the GPU... Questioning though if I actually need it...Reviews I have read concerning after market chipset heatsinks are all good, noting drops in tempature and increased stability...But the p55 chipset is considerably smaller then the others.. Linkie for the heatsink in mind is Here

Core i5 Chipset Users?

I don't think they generate much heat. Most of the heavy lifting is done by the CPU so I think the smaller passive coolers should work just fine. From most of the reviews I've read heat isn't an issue from the chipset.

Core i5 Chipset Users?

I dont have one, but I do think that Tazz has one for project he is working on. I am not sure if he has even turn the thing on...lol

Primered

Core i5 Chipset Users?

Honestly, that heatsink looks like it would be a great choice for cooling a chipset, especially since its a decent one that would actually fit around a large GPU, since most wont, AND you have the option of mounting a fan to it.. so yea. I forget, does the chipset handle the on board sound? With that mATX setup, the MoBo has a decent built in sound system, and I wont likely need to go buy a Sound Blaster setup.. I honestly never noticed a difference in sound...Might be me I dunno.. never had the top of the line sound basters before so yea..

Core i5 Chipset Users?

here is a pic and some explanation of the chipset on the 1156 setup.

As you can see the sound is included in there as well as most of the usual stuff you see in the Southbridge. Now the NB has always been the hot one but now all the heavy duties like handling the PCI-E and memory is tranfered to the CPU. Making the Mobo's cheaper to make. Woot!

The Sound that sent from these chips isn't horrible. In the last few generations it's actually gotten very good. Most people really can't tell the difference to be honest. Unless your really picky about your sound I wouldn't even worry about it.

That said I love my X-Fi! 8-)

Primered

Core i5 Chipset Users?

I have a laptop currently.. stubborn pos Dell E1705 from a few years ago...It has a built in sound card from some brand I never heard of...I have tried the older Sound Blaster Live! 24bit external, as well as the newer express card version..Either way, didnt notice any real difference in my games..Other then the obvious benefit from 5.1 surround sound..So uh yea.. I have seen that diagram, forgot I did when I posted last. Not sure how much heat the sound could generate, but it does handle the SATA... as well as the USB... If I am looking at the info right, it looks like it generates the least amount of heat..*shrug* I guess I may not need it... But since I am doing a visually apealing build based mod thing...Having that heat sink may be cool looking if a bit unnecessary heheh. I would still like to find someone who uses it who can tell me from experience... Maybe TaZ when he is done with his..

Thread Information