Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bonsai ION MOD by od1 and DeadGuy

The Bonsai ION MOD by od1 and DeadGuy

First of all I hope od1 is not to disappointed with how far I drifted from his original concept, his renderings were outstanding and I could have just taken his plans and copied them down to every last detail and it would have made an outstanding case mod. But, if I had to build this I had to make it my own.

Od1 suggested using a fake tree and putting the computer in the pot of the tree, but a real tree is GREEN a fake tree is not. So start with a real tree. Real trees have real roots, so real roots means real pot, real dirt, and real water (see how I slipped in water cooling).

DeadGuy

Not having the first clue about Bonsai trees I started Googling Bonsai tree, one thing I noticed right away was a lot of them were displayed on a Bonsai tree stands (perfect). Most stands were made of wood; wood is a renewable resource (GREEN).
    Doing a wood project for me means going to see my friend Scott Schuff, he is a master wood worker. We have done wood computer projects together before. I told him what I wanted and he took me outside his shop and we uncovered an old pile of oak and ash pallets (recycled wood = extra GREEN points).

I thought you might to see what I made to hold the guts wile I built this mod. It is only 12" tall.

DeadGuy

First step was to come up with a design and then do a mockup for the component layout, just to make sure all the parts will fit the way you think they will.

Primered

Love the super small case. maybe we can use a mod of it for xboxes?

See the Sly Fox Read the contest guidelines very carefully. See the Sly Fox jump over the recycled oak pallets and the little green tree. See the Sly fox win the day ...and cash the check.

I told ALL of you guys Dennis was gonna be the sleeper to beat...he isn't using some green acrylic and an nVidia logo. He is building what they actually asked for...a green PC.

Dennis. If you can work some Bamboo into this build (very renewable) your a lock man =)

This will be cool, and your acrylic case is real slick Dennis

Hey Dennis.. looking VERY good Can't wait to see everything come together.

- Ton

Primered

you guys have no idea of the wood master in Dennis' corner either. Scott is amazing.

I'm interested to see how this one will come together. Sounds like it will be awesome. Wood + Realtree mod = awesome in my book!

That little acrylic case is pretty cool too.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information