Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ASUS Xtreme Design Contest!

ASUS Xtreme Design Contest!

Show the world your Xtreme Design!

ASUS has joined forces with Antec, Intel , G.Skill, Nvidia, Razer, Samsung and SILENTPCREVIEW to empower YOUR Xtreme ideas! Enter in a chance to win $1800 in system hardware, and a chance to attend CES 2010 in Las Vegas!

Tell US:
    -How would you build your "Xtreme" System if you won the sponsored hardware.
    -What is your "Xtreme Design" system's goal.
    -How ASUS' "Xtreme Design" motherboard features help your system and daily life.
    -Anything else that convinces us to pick your idea from the participating forums below.

This contest has 3 Stages:

Stage I:

1. Tell us what you would do with “Xtreme Design Technology!” How can ASUS’ Xtreme Design features work for you? (Psst! Do your homework here: http://promos.asus.com/US/p55/index.htm )

2. Log-in to a designated participating forum.* Post your system project goals, anticipated challenges, diagrams, and sketches. Convince us you are capable of building your Xtreme Design! (Post your submitted link in ASUS's facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=315017200108&index=1)

3. Win freaking awesome hardware including an ASUS Xtreme Design P7P55D Premium motherboard, Intel Core i7 processor, Nvidia Graphics, Samsung SSD, Razer Keyboard+mouse, Antec power supply, and G.Skill Memory! ASUS will select up to twenty (20) innovative proposals that show off Xtreme Design in a real working scenario. Winners will be announced for “Stage I” on http://Facebook.com/ASUSOfficialPage Nov. 13th 2009.

Stage II:

1. Twenty (20) “Stage I” winners will receive and build their concept on their sponsored hardware. Winners will show off their experience for 30 days. Share pictures and videos! Talk about your build! Document your process! Post screen-shots and tell us how you feel about "Xtreme Design". Convince us that your design is show-worthy!

An ASUS P7P55D Premium motherboard and the following sponsored products will be sent to winners. Feel free to design/use your own case, thermal soultion, additioanl GPU , additional storage, additional memory to enhance your Xtreme Deisgn

2. Five (5) engaging posters will be selected for special brand-spanking new hardware upgrades Dec. 14th.

Stage III:

1. One (1) lucky Xtreme Design champion will get a free trip with their rig to show off at the ASUS booth during CES 2010 in Las Vegas! Jan. 7th.

OUR SPONSORS and PRIZES!!

G.Skill has sponsored (20) TDS series Memory kits
    The G.Skill DDR 2133 CL9 4GB TDS "Trident Series memory is especially suited for overclockers, and comes equipped with the turbulence cooling fan.

c1/8335_1250221819227_1339929353_701443_3570372_n.jpg " alt="" />
    Razer has sponsored (20) Lycosa keyboards and Deathadder mice
    Execute complex combat maneuvers with swift dexterity. Launch your assaults timed to perfection. Annihilate your enemies and reign supreme on the battlefield. You now have the tactical advantage on every terrain, and your enemies' fates are in your hands.

Antec has sponsored (20) Quattro 850 Watt PSU
    Antec's TruePower Quattro is more compact than most competing power supplies of the same wattage, yet ideally suited for handling the most demanding system specs.

Intel® has sponsored (20) Core i7 CPUs
    The new Intel® CoreTM i7 Processor: Ultimate smart performance. This new processor features Intel Turbo Boost Technology and Intel Hyper-Threading Technology, which together activate full processing power exactly where and when you need it.

Nvidia has sponsored (20) ASUS GTX260 GPUs
    Configure your PC with the Power of 3 and build your new Xtreme Design PC with the three essential pieces to get an experience to match your style.
    Nvidia GPU + Intel Core i5/i7 + ASUS P55 Motherboard = The power of 3!

Samsung has sponsored (20) 128GB SSD drives
    An extremely efficient SSD for PCs applications, Samsung's SSD features world-class sequential read and write performance.

Thanks to all of our Sponsors and GOOD LUCK!! SHOW US WHAT YOU'VE GOT!!

Terms and condition

Put your idea in this Forum for the ASUS Contest

Wow.. this is a great event. I am currently contemplating entering the contest. I do have a few quick questions.

Reading the rules, and it mentinoed you ahve to sign up for facebook, and be a member of a forum.

The funny part is that this forum is not listed as a "Participating" forum. Just curious.. will MI be listed as a participating forum, or do we have to post at the other forums to enter?

There is alot of great talent here, and MI is one of the leading US based modding community. So to include this site woudl be great.

Pleasee let us know.

Thanks.

- Ton

Were are lucky enough to be included in this great contest! Yes, Modders-Inc got to the dance late BUT I think we have the best people with the best ideas to win this contest!!

We have been added to the official list so lets get the modders out there to show the others that we are best well rounded computer people. We not only like things to look good we like things to go fast, Right Tition!

Lets see those ideas!

Aw, foo. There's no way in hell I'd be able to finish my current rig by January.
    Do you think they would put me in the running even if there's no way of finishing by their deadline?

Wait...You have to sign up on Facebook? They list a bunch of sites I've never heard of.

Hey AM,

Dude.. its great to hear that MI an official site.

So.. where do we post our concepts / ideas? If we do it in this thread, I figure it can get cluttered REALLY quickly. Maybe we can have a forum to post a thread for our submissions?

Cheapskate - I think you can still enter.. but I think people might find it in bad taste to enter the contest just to claim the prizes, but with no chance of completing. I think I was reading somewhere, that the finalist will be choosen based on the actual possiblity of getting the case done. I guess that is to prevent people from designing an EPIC case mod that has no way of being completed in 30 days.

- Ton

No one said I wouldn't try to finish. I can't do anything with a deadline with my real-life schedule. The current project is TOO epic for 3 months build time!
    ...On second thought, I'm going to skip this one. I doubt Asus would like the motherboard covered. :lol:
    -And the facebook part... *blah, yuck*

Great Competition!!!

But too sad:
    Who Is Eligible: Entrants must be legal residents of the U.S. or Canada
    it should be open for everyone

Were are lucky enough to be included in this great contest! Yes, Modders-Inc got to the dance late BUT I think we have the best people with the best ideas to win this contest!!

We have been added to the official list so lets get the modders out there to show the others that we are best well rounded computer people. We not only like things to look good we like things to go fast, Right Tition!

Lets see those ideas!
    DOH!!!!!
    Kick ass!

Now I am in the odd scenario of moving my entry from one site to another... and have we confirmed with Asus that I am still eligible to compete?

I know you and I talked about it AF, but how does Asus feel about it?
    -=TD

techdaddy, Modders inc is added on to the contest. i will include them in our official terms and condition as being eligible.

Hey AM,

Dude.. its great to hear that MI an official site.

So.. where do we post our concepts / ideas? If we do it in this thread, I figure it can get cluttered REALLY quickly. Maybe we can have a forum to post a thread for our submissions?

Cheapskate - I think you can still enter.. but I think people might find it in bad taste to enter the contest just to claim the prizes, but with no chance of completing. I think I was reading somewhere, that the finalist will be choosen based on the actual possiblity of getting the case done. I guess that is to prevent people from designing an EPIC case mod that has no way of being completed in 30 days.

- Ton
    Correct,
    We will actually interview candidates to see if they are up to take on stage II tasks of the competition. Before we select winners and give them the prize to build with, we will see if your rig can actually be built. We would like you to utilize all of the sponsored prizes in your build but you are free to add additional goodies on your own to win stage III of the contest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information