Thread: Ninja Assassin

Ninja Assassin

GO SEE IT!!.. that is all.

j/k

this movie.. if you are an anime fan.. is simply AMAZING.
    storyline is expected and simple enough if you have seen anime.. but the thing is.. like thier last films.. the brothers got it SO right.. the visuals are so over the top and mind blowingly fast that ninjas are SO making one hell of a come back.

just be warned.. the things that make this movie so amazing.. are the very things tat might make it a turn off for most.. "casual" viewers.. and IMO borders on an NC17 rating.

my mother which THOUGHT she was interested in it.. and INSISTED on seeing it with me instead of twilight.. amusingly regreted it.. literally closing her eyes and keeping them covered the ENTIRE movie...
    it simply was just too gorey for her to handle.

were talking along the lines of the anime classics.. akira.. vampire hunter D.. fist of the north star.. ninja scroll.
    make no lies about it.. this movie though it has a story to it.. compared to the drama based anime.. IS a violent film.. and like matching anime.. the story is only to move along the film and give some sort of reasoning to the ever increasing body count.

Knowing that leo pretty boy decaprio is wanting to do ninja scroll on the big screen.. and toby spiderman maguire is wanting to try and make a live version of robotech.. as well as a few otehrs wanting to bring to life akira and fist of the north star.. this movie.. has giving me.. a small tiny glimmer of hope.. that int he right hands.. anime turned live action.. CAN be done right.

the action scenes are blazingly fast... the blood and dismemberment.. on par with anime.. in fact almost all of it has this.. over the top cartoony feel to it.. simple wounds gushing gysers of crimson goodness in a comical nature.. while still maintaining the seriousness of the fight...
    the main exception being the first death scene.. which.. needless to say.. to ME had its amusing houmor to it.. is now my second pace for most.. freaky.. shock value gore scene.. beat out only by the blonds self jaw mutilation in the movie "Mirrors"

end verdict.. if your a true anime fan.. go see this.. in theatres.. the massive screen and thumping sound realy add a milestone immersion that the some still cant prodouce.. just.. dont expect a love story... leave e kids at home.. or give them to the grandparents.. they can see planet 51.. and your wife.. well she can watch twilight.. but for all sakes.. PLEASE. dont miss this rarity of a movie.

Primered

Ninja Assassin

meh, I live the life. Commissioner DarthBeavis > Ninjas Just ask American Freak and tech Daddy . . . they have seen me break boards with my pinky

Ninja Assassin

my toothpick will bend your power to is will my friend .. you have been warned :P
    all else fails.. there is no spoon.

Ninja Assassin

Good deal. I was on the fence about seeing this but I think I will...and thanks for the info about Mirrors. My wife and I talked about this one as well.

Ninja Assassin

mirrors has a REALLY slow start...took me 3 times to watch it it starts out that slow...then things start going wrong for our lead actor.. and yeah.. has some really.. graphic scenes definatly NOT meant for kids.. or old people. but definatly wroth a watch if you can get yourself through the slow start.

drag me to hell on the other hand... NOT worth buying.. hair pull.. puke.. bite.. hair pull bite.. hair pull.. another puke.. another bite.. movie ends... and your left feeling.. most dissatisfied.

Ninja Assassin

Have to check it out!

Ninja Assassin

Yeah.... it is said that DB's tears can cure cancer.... but he has never cried....

Definately checkin this out on the screen!

Primered

Ninja Assassin

Yeah.... it is said that DB's tears can cure cancer.... but he has never cried....

I am seeing it for sure as well.
    And Craig . . . I have cried often bro . . . .being a Daddy with a challenged kid is like that.

Ninja Assassin

I am seeing it for sure as well.
    And Craig . . . I have cried often bro . . . .being a Daddy with a challenged kid is like that.
    *moves pointing finger back and forth between my forehead and your forehead...
    I know where you are coming from...

I got your back big man...

I Have a great story that happened with my son... but I'm going to create a seperate thread for it.
    -=TD

Thread Information