Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluebeard's Revenge

Bluebeard's Revenge

Bluebeard's Revenge is a mod that I recently did for Corsair on their new Obsidian 800D chassis. The main idea behind the mod was to focus on the Obsidian 800D without compromising its performance and key features. Modding a PC case for most of us here generally means we have no problem in hacking up a case. Well, I am going to have to restrain the urge to hack this monster up and keep things on a moderately tame level.

I'm adding this one to the main worklog page on the site, I will post small snippets here as I update it .

Worklog Link

Bluebeard's Revenge

Todays update is all about sleeving...

The first task I took on was re-sleeving the Corsair HX850W Power Supply. I wanted to change the sleeving color from black to blue, while at the same time sleeve each individual wire individually. Knowing up front that this was going to be a challenging task, I went ahead and ordered in plenty of the 1/8" sleeving and heatshrink.

Updated

Bluebeard's Revenge

Awesome job buddy.

Folks the pics don't do this rig justice believe me, I saw it in person when Tazz delivered it and it is an awesome mod.

Bluebeard's Revenge

Great work there.!

That case is awesome. Looks they've been watching modders, rubber grommet holes for hiding wires, hot swap drive bays, filter system.

Can't wait to see what ya do next.

D.

Bluebeard's Revenge

The case itself looks to be very well thought out. Looking forward to the end product here =^)

Bluebeard's Revenge

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

The next step was to do some quick test fitting and checking out cable routing options. With the Corsair Obsidian having a slew of openings to route cables, the routing process should be easier. However, I will make mine a little more challenging by adding a window on the back side. So this means I will need to keep wiring clean on both sides.

Page 3 - Test Fitting

Bluebeard's Revenge

that etched glass showing up int he lighting is unbelievably sexy.. my ONLY complaint is the use of blue.. it looks too much like a space grid or some high tech holo map wit the blue.

perhaps orange or yellow.. to make it look more like parchement tones then the blue glow?

just my opinion.. its your build

Primered

Bluebeard's Revenge

I need to change my underwear . . .be right back

Bluebeard's Revenge

I need to change my underwear . . .be right back
    LOL

Plexi work is always fun.

Here I was with the bare setup sitting in front of me. I have the images done and sent off to the laser guy. This is where my world went to HELL in a handbag.

On the laser front. The laser developed an issue while etching and cutting the first panel. To keep things simple and short I ended up having to source these parts through two different places just to make sure I ended up with enough parts to finish the build. Unfortunately, this even developed more headaches before it was all said and done.

Master Modder

Bluebeard's Revenge

nice, that way of sleeving the wireing is something i have always thought about doing but whoa dont have the time now i have 2 kids lol i will do it one day though....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information