Hi, looking to get a new video card or maybe 2 to hook together and had a couple of questions.
1. when it comes to the bits (64, 128, 256), does it make a major difference in real world performance? and if mybe not then would I get the same performance from 2 vid cards with 128 bit versus 1 vid card at 256?
2. I see various cards bring up Stream Processors, is there a minimum amount that I should look for?
3. brand names, I see a 5770 for $154 HERE and another 5770 with what looks like about the same specs for $199 Here. Does the brand name make that much of a difference? Also the second one has slightly higher clocks, see next question.
4. Is it worth spending for example $45 extra for a card with slightly higher clocks or will it be wiser to save the money and just overclock the slightly lower clocked card to match it?
5. At what point would it be better to run with 2 medium to high vid cards versus 1 really high end video card?
Sorry about all the questions but I don't know much about video cards.