Thread: red-e-red

This was my very first mod. I worked it and reworked it, as i figured out what i wanted to do and the best was to do it. I started with an old gateway case i picked up with a p3 system for about $30.

After cutting up the side panel and making some changes to the cage, i was ready to paint. I knew i wanted to go red and black so i sprayed the cage with a flat black.

Sanded and ready for another coat.

After a lot of masking, taping, spraying, sanding, ect. The panels are almost ready.

As panels went through this process i begin to wire up the feet. Four super bright red leds.

The panels finished

The motherboard and drive cage.

I keep the stock heat sink, but modified it and replaced its fan with a 120mm one.

Sprayed the mouse.

Dvd drive door

Built a front panel intake fan with red leds

The red neon tube has a user control module witch needed to be changed so that it would fit in a floppy dive slot.

The shots.....

Clear Coat

Pretty good looking, I like your paint booth creation.

thanks man.........

Looks great!

Here is a vid of this build. Not a full blown work log how-to,nothing serious, just a vid. I throw it together with some files i had and some i found on an old phone. These vids are really grainy (phone cam) and for some reason reminded me of ufo footage. Anyway this vid is about 3 mins. Thanks for watching.

Thread Information