Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dremel question

Dremel question

I got a Dremel a few months ago, but the speed keeps going up and down on the same speed, is it normal?

Dremel question

No, if it sounds like it is changing speeds like from a scale of 10 to a 5. Now if it sounds more like 10 to a 8 and it is an olders unit then I would say that the "Brushes" are getting dirty or worn out. If you look on either side of the dremel you should see a round plug with a slot in it. Underneath that are the carbon brushes. Carefully remove them, as they are spring loaded, and check to see how they look.

Dremel question

I have the older unit, but it's brand new. (Bought for 50$ CAD at a surplus store)

The speed is varying a lot, but not as much as if I would change between 15kRPM and 30kRPM, so I would say 8 to 10, but the pitch changes muvh even when doing nothing...

Dremel question

Check to see if the Dremel came with Xtra Brushes...............then replace them :wink:
    See if that works

Dremel question

New, then take it back and try your luck with another one.

Dremel question

It was bought a few months ago(New, used 3 times, keeps changing speed since I got it), there are no new brushes with it, I didn't send the warranty card and it was an Xmas gift so I don't have the bill... I'll have to probably contact Dremel directly to see what they can do.

Dremel question

I just contacted Dremel to see if the billion years warranty covers this.

Dremel question

Oh great... The two years warranty is two years after mfg'ing date, not selling date! (Pretty stupid IMO.)

I'd have to pay 60$ CAD for repair...

Dremel question

Try cleaning the beushes take them out as stated above then take a fairly fine grit sand papper and sand a little of the brush off then put it back in and test it out.

Dremel question

And now I looked on the Internet and it's apparently 2 years after date sold...

I tried cleaning the brushes only a few weeks after I got it I think and there wasn't any difference.

When I brought it to them, they told that the armature needed to be changed (It vibrates like hell)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information