I'm going to be starting a relatively in-depth "How To Use LEDs and Control Them" in the next couple of weeks, and just wanted to throw this out to the general community.
Topics that I am planning to cover:
* What an LED is and how it works
* How to connect single/multiple LEDs to a computer power supply.
* How to write basic programs for the Arduino micro-controller (abbreviated as "ÂµC"
* How to control large clusters/strings of LEDs with the Arduino safely.
* How to dim/fade LEDs (with the ÂµC)
* How to read button inputs to the ÂµC.
* How to read "analog" inputs from the ÂµC (dimmer switch, speed control, etc)
Please comment on this if you have any question you would like me to answer, specific applications you might want, etc.
Here are the basic tools I am going to be using:
A ****ton of LEDs in various colors
1 - Arduino Duemilanove (you don't need this exact model, but I find it convenient, albeit a bit large)
1 - solderless breadboard
Part 1: HERE
Part 2: HERE
Part 3: coming soon!
Part 4: coming (a bit after) soon!