Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My modding video worklogs

My modding video worklogs

Hey guys, I was hoping to get a little feedback for those of you that watched any of my last couple build logs including the ones I made for the OS Xbox Pro and the Cinematograph HD. Youtube limits you to 11:59 for a clip length which for me seems to have worked out pretty well. However considering I got more cameras for the OS Xbox Pro, and the OS Xbox Pro being a relatively small project, I'm ending up with more footage than I know what to do with on my current build!

So my question is how long a video would any of you be interested in seeing? Obviously enough people tuned into 12 minute OS Xbox Pro Video but I don't want to push it. And while I'm also not planning on doing a "how too" sort of video, I'm wondering if I might as well skip certain steps or jump over the fabrication of small tabs or other little pieces etc. Unfortunately I'll have to do that in any case as at this rate I'll have to release a feature film!

Clear Coat

Do a full scale feature film! I'm sure that while it will be proportionately smaller audience than a 12 minute video, a long length high detail worklog would be an invaluable tool for modders looking to implement small details from your mods. As you mention for example, fabricating small tabs is something that I would run into and have no idea how to do.

I think there is always going to be a much greater demand for highlights reel style videos though.

Do a full scale feature film! I'm sure that while it will be proportionately smaller audience than a 12 minute video, a long length high detail worklog would be an invaluable tool for modders looking to implement small details from your mods. As you mention for example, fabricating small tabs is something that I would run into and have no idea how to do.

I think there is always going to be a much greater demand for highlights reel style videos though.
    Lol, well I was just joking about a feature, hah, but at the rate I'm editing it looks like it would be over 25 minutes! But I dont want to mislead anyone into thinking that I will go into really high detail where people can take notes and stuff and really get a lot of information. Take the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TggHtINGIyc[/video]]the os xbox pro video for example at (08:22). Thats about as detailed as anything will ever get - it will still very much be an entertainment/ music video style video.

I downloaded your Os Xbox Pro video in 720p, and I can watch it all day long without getting tired so... live streaming 24/7?

I think your vids are great as is. Only thing you could do with more footage is break it down into sections. So instead of doing a complete log in 12 minutes, spread it out over 4 or 5 10-minute segments, with each focusing on a specific part of the build.

This build and this vid are great....

Thanks for the input guys. I ended up doing a couple extra videos to compliment the os xbox pro to go into a little bit more detail about the parts, and the build itself. I'll probably do more of that as well but I'm still trying to get the main video something that the general non-modder will be interested in watching. I'm going ahead and splitting it into a second clip now, I guess I'll just have to make sure to leave it at a sort of modding-cliffhanger to get people to click on the next video. Perhaps an overly dramatic dremmel cut!

It's pretty crazy, I have no idea what I'm doing when I start the build so I pretty much just shoot everything. By the time I figure it out I just have a massive pile of video to sort through (1.2TB at the moment!.) What I need to do is focus on one aspect of these build videos one time. Hey Boddaker, how would you like it if I hung out in your workshop with my cameras for a few months during your next project? lol. Now THAT could be a feature!

Hey Boddaker, how would you like it if I hung out in your workshop with my cameras for a few months during your next project? lol. Now THAT could be a feature!
    lol That would be awesome! I could borrow the HD cameras from work, put them together with yours and do a linear camera setup and get some cool bullet-time shots! :wink:

Well, I shall be releasing the new mod next week. I ended up splitting the videos in two (cause of Youtube length restriction.) First is about 11 minutes, the seconds about 8 minutes - so we'll see how this goes.

In the meantime- while I normally don't like to give anything away before I release everything, I figured this picture would make too awesome of a teaser to let slip by:

Clear Coat

O______O

I see at least 16TB on that table.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information