Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glitch/bug/virus?

Primered

Glitch/bug/virus?

ADMIN- Just to let everyone know upfront what we had was an issue with our ad display program and there appeared to be a conflict of a local IP address on his machine. Our ad server was calling for 127.0.01 to display the ads from the local web server and he was also running some sort of home server software for a web cam or something like that. So everything is OK now :-)

Hey, it has been this way for a few days now, but whenever I load any page within modders-inc.com, I keep getting pop ups asking for me to enter a user name and password for the IP address 127.0.0.1 in MULTIPLE pop ups, each one a little different then the last. It has never done this before, but something in the site keeps wanting me to log in... the weird thing is that I know the 127.0.0.1 is the loopback address for pinging ones own computer.

Has anyone else had this?

If I didnt already know Modders Inc... any other site and I would think its some form of backdoor hack or virus....

Glitch/bug/virus?

I haven't gotten anything like that. May be something on your end.

Glitch/bug/virus?

I think you have gotten a malware or virus. We keep a VERY tight ship here. Tazz is right on top of this stuff and we have not been hacked in a llllooooonnnggg time. Tazz is the man!

The IP address 127.0.0.1 always refers to your own machine and it normally listed in your host file.

Did you, ah, install something recently that you might have gotten off a torrent or something? Maybe like adobe photoshop or after effects?

Thanks for bringing it up and we will double check.

Primered

Glitch/bug/virus?

Yea I think i might have gotten something. I rarely install anything "shady", but it has been a long while since I last trolled around here without the problem, then having it start in now. Well, im off to reboot, run Malware Bytes.. and see what happens. Its weird though, this is the only site that does it...

Primered

Glitch/bug/virus?

SHIT GUYS! I FOUND THE SOURCE! Ok, look at this image I uploaded, but as i suspected at first, the only thing to change, was your guys bannerads... and the pop up asking me to login to 127.0.0.1 is coming from one of the banner ads!!!

As you can see about the warning window that I got from IE explorer, which by the way, both IE and my Firefox do the same thing... You can see in the URL path that it starts out with 127.0.0.1

I dont know if its a code typo for whoever put in the banner on the site, or if is truly some sort of attempt to get people to unknowingly log into it and get attacked.. Either way... This problem is on your site.

As far as other people not getting this pop up, they may have their browser set to deny such requests and or block pop ups. I havent tried turning on pop up blocker for this website, having turned it off I THINK for the pop up that comes when you get a private message. Here is the image...

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/646/moddersinc127glitch.png

I am no expert on this level of coding, the training I had while in teh air force is a few years old.. so I cant tell if this code and website of the banner ad is malicious or not.. either way, i would think this would be something that would draw serious attention. I will PM americanfreak about this.

Glitch/bug/virus?

Well heck man I am at work for the next 12 hours and I they have imageshack blocked. I will see if I can find a work around...what ad was it and I can turn it off for now.

Primered

Glitch/bug/virus?

Let me see if i can cut and paste from the alert window to post here.

If you use Internet Explorer, goto the web page, any webpage on MI, such as the home page, and see if at the bottom bar of your screen, it shows a privacy altert, the icon looks like an eye with a "blocked" symbol next to it... Double click and thats how I opened it. one moment while i try to cut and paste...

Primered

Glitch/bug/virus?

The nature of the window that pops up doesnt allow me to cut and paste, nor does it allow me to view the long line of text all at once, window doesnt resize. I can email you the pic if you want to your email.

There are 5 blocked cookies/site links in the window
    Three of them with http://127.0.0.1/?bannerid=10, http://127.0.0.1/?bannerid=11,
    http://127.0.0.1/?bannerid=13

The rest of the text after that random.. cant tell...

the other two on the list show googleads in the start of the long URL.

Anyway I will see if I can get a better pic of the window and all the text, and email it to you, ALSO if you can use your MSN messenger account at work, I added you.

Primered

Glitch/bug/virus?

Ok here is another pic, this time you can actually read the entire string of text for each blocked site... the sites begining with 127.0.0.1 in their URL are likely the ones causing the problem.

Also, anyone know of any other image hosting sites other then image shack that i can do this on, since AF 's workplace has it blocked?

Glitch/bug/virus?

I sent Tazz an email to see if he can take a quick look at it. From the banner numbers you posted is appears that they are the top banners that we run through openx which is a top notch banner system. The banners are stored on our server and displayed to you.

I wonder if you are seeing a glitch or something? I have used Chrome, IE8 and Firefox here at work and have seen nothing happening.

What version of IE are you using and are you using any sort of ad blocker add-on?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information