Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Controller Hacks

Controller Hacks

Wondering if anyone has done any console controller -> PC hacks. I've found sites that show diagrams and everything (not too hard to read), all of them connect to parallel ports, and wishing there was a USB or serial port work-around (only one parallel port on the PC I want to turn into a console emulating PC). Anyone know any work-arounds?

I already spent $15 on a N64+PSX to USB device that didn't work, so I'm not trying to do that again.

Master Modder

Controller Hacks

didnt it? thats odd as my psx-usb works fine? good luck with this, im going to keep tabs on the thread as im intrested to where it gos...

Controller Hacks

I may need to install a custom driver. But for the most part, my PS3 controllers cover PSX controller needs.

I can send you some of the links I found. One is for getting a PSX memory card to work on PC (which I like the thought of a lot). This site covers most controllers that anyone could ever want.. But they're all parallel port, which is a downside. I don't know enough about electronics to make a usb converter for these things. Looks like more research, haha.

Primered

Controller Hacks

Dont they make controllers modeled after Playstation and Xbox controllers for the pc?

I know there is the xbox 360 controll that works with Pc, just got to get the wireless adapter.. and I own a logitech controller that is a blatant clone of the playstation one.. just different labels...

Controller Hacks

Yeah, my PS3 controller works on my PC, no problem, and works for my PSX and N64 emulation. But I miss playing with the actual controller. I plan on turning one of my old PCs into an emulation PC and I'd like to use the controller (just to make it that much better). I'd prefer to use USB connection, but can't find anything (hack-wise...not trying to spend $10+ and have it not work on me), can only find parallel port. Was hoping more people would be able to help me, so I just gotta do more research to find hacks.

Primered

Controller Hacks

I would think going to a console hacking and modding community site would yeild more results in that area, since they do alot more manual wiring to get their mods to work. the cheapie logitech controller feels and handles just like the ps1 and ps2 controllers... just obviously cant do the whole X triangle and box markings... hehe.

Controller Hacks

Found this. But me being the cheap bastard I am, show little interest in spending $17+ for a board and a USB male end. If I could figure out more about that board, could probably do something...but, limited electronics knowledge.

Primered

Controller Hacks

Wow... Those look cool! Think how cool it would be for someone to make a mini ITX system, using the shell of one of those old gaming systems.. and have the original controllers that are rigged to that usb chip thing, so that you show up at a lan party, carrying say the old Nintendo..."whaat... it plays that game too!" hehe.

Controller Hacks

Well, found this link in an email from 5 years ago and long story short, apparently all you need is a couple of tidbits and a micro controller by the name of PIC16C74. Now, does anyone know anything about micro controllers and how they're programmed or what? If not, research, hooooo!

Controller Hacks

Hey knock on Tazz door, I thought he got his XBOX controller to work on his PC.

OH TAZZ.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information