Thread: Where did all the 295's go?

Primered

Where did all the 295's go?

I am having trouble finding a good merchant to buy a NVidia GTX 295 card... Yet all the major, and in my opinion, trusted retailers.. such as tigerdirect and newegg... All seem to be out of them. Are they no longer being produced... or just a shortage of them? I think i read that NVIDIA is supposed to release some new GPU in the 400s or something.

Anyone got any good sites they trust to buy such items from?

Hmm I have not looked for a 295 in a long time, but I could ask my contact with NVIDIA about that.

Yes NVIDIA is coming out with the FERMI GPU and I was told that it will be released at the PAX East show this weekend!

So with that in mind they might be gearing up on the new stuff and what ever is in stock out on the market now is what is left. So popular retailers like newegg, tigerdirect and so forth would be sold out.

Primered

Ah jeese... the 295 is like $500+... Whats next, this new Fermi going to be 900? Getting a good computer these days is getting more and more expensive... waaaa!

Lol that's the price of keeping up with the Jones's. I'm still using my BFG8800GT OC's in SLI and have no reason to change.
    I've been pretty devoted to Nvidia but after seeing the progresses in the ATI line and the retail prices I've been recommending them to customers at the shop I work at.
    If your going to game or mod though, quality is of the utmost importance. I think that's a big part of what separates the community from the average computer joe.
    Websites like ModderInc afford you the ability to see reviews and what successes others have had versus going out into the dark and simply buying whatever is on sale, which most uninformed do regularly.
    It's a curse and a blessing but it makes us all better informed.

I think in the future we're going to see a lot more resource sharing coming from the GPU's more so than any other single component.

Primered

ATI seems to be rushing things as far as releasing a card that had DX 11 before it was even usable and needed... But NVIDIA always seems to lead the way as far as performance..When compared to cards of ATIs at the same level. I think since its been a long while to hear from NVIDIA as far as a response... So I think when this new FERMI card comes out, its going to put ATI's current top runner to shame.

It could, I don't know. I do know though that when Nvidia came out with their DirectX 10 cards there were no applications for them either for at least several months.
    It's an approach almost every company uses to be ahead of the potential curve and not be left in the dust, especially these days in a faster paced market.
    I go by the "best bang for the buck approach". The newest innovations in DirectX haven't shown me much of anything since 9 so I see no need in the immediate future to change what already works great.

Thread Information