Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Useless %$(*#!* tool I've ever seen!

Most Useless %$(*#!* tool I've ever seen!

Has anyone ever TRIED to use one of these %$(*#!* Molex pin wire crimping tools? This has got to be one of the most useless %$(*#!* tools I've ever seen in my life. Not only are they overpriced (considering they don't work worth a crap) but there seems to be no way to actually use them for the intended purpose.
    I've already ruined 10 of the Molex (female) pin tips and thrown the crimping tool through a wall. Not in a wall, through it!
    If anyone has any tips please let me know. I'm about 30 minutes and 2 pins away from a cutting torch and then sending it back to the company in a blob ball.
    In an effort to try to actually get this thing to work I've turned it over to 3 other people who came to the same conclusion and wanted to do worse than throw it through a wall.
    :evil:

In an effort to salvage whatever is left of my sanity I'm now trying to solder the wires together before crimping and getting minimal results. It works about 25% of the time, if you're lucky. Eph this tool!

What exactly is it doing wrong? Crushing the female metal piece? Or what?

Yep, I have used them many times.... and there is a little bit of a learning curve.
    Main thing is you must have a crimper that has the grooves for the pins you are trying to crimp. It is a 2 step process. 1st one seats the wire, 2nd one cups and crimps the wire.

Here are some quick links to help:
    Molex guide....

and start about 1/2 way down this page:
    Some good picture and instructions....

I'll see if I can cut a quick video tomight and show you what I am talking about.

Dont loose your sanity (might be too late), help is on the way!

-=TD

Has anyone ever TRIED to use one of these %$(*#!* Molex pin wire crimping tools? This has got to be one of the most useless %$(*#!* tools I've ever seen in my life. Not only are they overpriced (considering they don't work worth a crap) but there seems to be no way to actually use them for the intended purpose.
    I've already ruined 10 of the Molex (female) pin tips and thrown the crimping tool through a wall. Not in a wall, through it!
    If anyone has any tips please let me know. I'm about 30 minutes and 2 pins away from a cutting torch and then sending it back to the company in a blob ball.
    In an effort to try to actually get this thing to work I've turned it over to 3 other people who came to the same conclusion and wanted to do worse than throw it through a wall.
    :evil:
    Post up a picture of your crimping tool, if you dont mind?

-=TD

Here is the %^&*@! in question. It was brand new this morning, please don't mind the drywall dust, concrete bouncing marks and dents as well as the handle in several pieces. I've now gone through 20 female Molex pins and for the time being I'm finished! ^!*$ this thing!
    Learning curve is an understatement. I tried crimping the back part first to hold the wire insulation in place (useless) and then tried crimping the front part first just to hold the wires in place (useless).
    Yes it's flattening, smashing and in general screwing up no matter how careful, how long or how slow I go at it.
    I've tried starting from several different positions and I'm going to spend a few minutes with this tool in the parking lot and then I'm going home.
    I already tried reading the Molex tips page which basically told me nothing.

[web]http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/wds21921/parts/?action=view&current=PICT2969.jpg[/web]

Link

Damn.. not sure whats up with images today.

Master Modder

oh my what happened to it lol

No worries razer, it's still fully functional FWIW.

I ran out of female Molex pins fortunately which is what saved me from strapping it to the tire of my truck and testing the durability factor.
    After that I can take it to the rink and use my old hockey stick on it. Then to the ballfield to see how far it will go with an Easton.

Admittedly it's definitely overbuilt for what it's intended to do. I think anything short of a gun blast isn't going to do much. Hmmm Dessert Eagle .44 :twisted: .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information