Thread: It even runs on Netbooks :)

It even runs on Netbooks :)

Using Windows 7 on my HP mini 110-1025DX, I added the Folding@Home program and it actually works. It's no speed demon mind you but it's actually running.

Now I can provide help from home or even at my temp job while working !

Clear Coat

lol... I could have told you that! I used to run it on a ~600 mhz PIII system.

I had to see for myself if it would work .

So far to be honest, the only compromise I've seen on any of the Netbooks has been the video chip. Other than that and an optical drive, it's as good as a laptop.
    I'd never consider a laptop for gaming so I automatically eliminate that factor.

PIII 600 very cool. The only thing left to try then would be a PDA lol.

Clear Coat

haha yeah. I know the feeling.

even better... F@H for your Droid/iPhone! Now your battery can last UP TO ONE HOUR!

Well guys we are at the 811 spot in the stats...do you think we can move it up? Any one got a server farm they can "borrow"? :-)

Clear Coat

unfortunately my university is rather tight on the electricity budget...they'd notice if the computer labs started running 100% 24/7.

Primered

Hehe...I can run on Netbooks too yannow!... Just.. have to put enough of em out on the floor in front of me... but I can still run on them XD

LOL Shodan. Farming on netbooks ha ha ha cool. Would that qualify for mini-micro farming?

I upgraded my netbook so it's running a little faster but doesn't seem to matter much on f@h because of the medicore onboard graphics.

I upped the RAM to the max of 2Gb and installed a Seagate Momentus LX hybrid drive with 500Gb of storage space running Windows 7 Ultimate and also added the larger capacity battery.
    Much faster now for everyday tasks (quicker start-up/shut down and running apps) as well as longer runtime, but no change or not much in f@h.

Still a kickass little computer though.

Thread Information