Thread: BC2 Shotgun...Sniping?

BC2 Shotgun...Sniping?

I don't know if anyone else has discovered the glory of shotgun sniping in this game, but it is truly amazing. These are two vids I recorded with XFire (no audio and the resolution was halved...XFire set that up without me knowing and never again). The shots were done with the Neostead 200, 12 gauge shotgun ammo and magnum ammo.

Video One The kill happens at about 0:50, you can't see much but you can get an idea of where he was compared to where I was.

Video Two The kill here happens a little after 0:43 or so, can't see the kill (again, but this time there was smoke and dust in the way) but you can see the distance behind it.

BC2 Shotgun...Sniping?

thats slugs for you

Primered

BC2 Shotgun...Sniping?

I play the STALKER games... Which are awesome btw.. And they allow you to use SHOT/SLUG and DART ammo.. The last one is like a special SLUG that makes then really accurate...Do those kind of things exsist in real life? I never heard of them before I played the games...I mean.. if they can make a fully automatic assault shotgun that can fire MINI GRENADES...nades the size of shotgun shells... then why not?

(Its real and in use now in the ARMY..Saw it on that History Channel show.. Where the host is the guy who played the Training Sergeant in Full Metal JAcket...Gunney or something...

Clear Coat

BC2 Shotgun...Sniping?

Yeah the AA-12 shotgun shooting those 12ga grenades is pretty devastating...

Slugs exist in real life, Flechettes also exist (think razor sharp arrowheads instead of pellets), but nothing I've seen is anywhere near as accurate as say a good pistol or rifle round.

You have to look at the accuracy of the weapon, and not just the ammunition. The barrel on a shotgun is smooth, and that means it will always be less accurate than a rifled barrel of similar nature.

Primered

BC2 Shotgun...Sniping?

The way the STALKER games simulate the shotguns using the "Dart" ammo, is you have to mod the shotgun to give it rifling...And if you use that mod to give the barrel rifling, it cannot use regular shot after that, only the slug and dart ammo...Its pretty accurate when modded to use the DARTs, but its obviously hard to aim a shotgun since it has no scope.. and obviously.. kicks you in the face.. lol

Clear Coat

BC2 Shotgun...Sniping?

lol, okay. So basically you just made yourself a GIANT caliber rifle. I'm cool with that.

BC2 Shotgun...Sniping?

if you ever take apart a deer slug.. the rifeling is actually on the bullet itself.. having some grooves in the shell to cause it to twist to some degree.. not as much as true barrel rifeling does.. but.. still makes it accurate.. and messy.

and gunnys name is R. Lee Ermie.
    and that showing of lock and load was the AA12s second showing.. the first was on the show military now discontinued that has the younger and bald marine guy hosting it talking about the newest cutting edge tech.
    Future Weapons

Thread Information