Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC Magazines

PC Magazines

hey, I just thought that it would be cool to see what everyone else is reading, we started doing this in another topic, but it was about the Vista Beta, and was getting off topic, so here ya go. (Also, it would be cool to include what kind of things in them appeal to you)

MaximumPC - They do reviews of products, and other odds and ends.

CPU - I can actually read, and feel I got something out of it.

PC Magazines

For PC info I usually read Maximum PC. I flip through CPU at the newsstand and if it has an article that piques my interest I'll pick it up, but for the most part I just leave it. For PC gaming, I read PC Gamer and Computer Gaming World (although I probably wouldn't read the latter if I didn't have a free subscription to it). For console gaming, I get a free sub to Game Informer (due to having a Gamestop discount card) and I pick up the occasional issue of Official PSM (depending on the demo disc). But honestly, the majority of my gaming news I get from the Web...

PC Magazines

CPU mag for me. Like you said when done reading it I feel I have learned something. I think they cover a much broader area of PC stuff.

PC Magazines

CPU, eh?

Well for a year i subscribed to Computer Shopper, but it wasn't all that great. I'm reading Maximum PC, and it also isn't what i wanted i don't think. i thot it was more modifying and overclocking and allthat stuff, but not really. i've seen cpu around but thot it was a smalltime mag. i'll check it out next time.

Master Modder

PC Magazines

I had a sub. to Computer Shopper but it seemed lacking for what I was looking for and so they don't get my money anymore. Now I have found that CPU has the best info of all the mags that are supplied around here. Then my old standby is Model Railroader and Model Railroad Craftsman.

PC Magazines

CPU mag for me. Like you said when done reading it I feel I have learned something. I think they cover a much broader area of PC stuff.
    Out of all the magazines out there, CPU really gives you alot to read and not so meany ads.

PC Magazines

ExtremeTech
    PC Magazine
    Max PC
    CPU
    Computer Upgrade

PC Magazines

Another good thing about CPU is that it is only $5.99 rather than $9.99 like MaxPC :-)

PC Magazines

Well for a year i subscribed to Computer Shopper, but it wasn't all that great.I remember Computer Shopper back in the day when the sucker was an actual catalog combined with articles. Every issue was a good inch-plus thick and was a lot larger than normal magazine size, dimensions-wise. Ahh, memories...

Another good thing about CPU is that it is only $5.99 rather than $9.99 like MaxPC :-)
    You can find the "naked" version of MaxPC without the coverdisc for the normal magazine price of $5.99 - most newsstands just don't bother to carry it because it splits their sales.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information