Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig - Tech-Daddy Worklog - GT Flat

Craig - Tech-Daddy Worklog - GT Flat

Place holder for my otherworldly creation.... :roll:

OOooo everyone! Very excited about this contest, however I am currently out of town on a biz trip, so pics and progress will not happen here until sometime likely next week... I will post up the beginings of the log at that time, but this is going to be a fun build!

We are going to make this case rock!

Everyone can participate or just Staff?

Because I really have a huge bank of ideas...

This contest is just staff. The 4 of us are starting with the same basic hardware, so that our baseline starting point is as consistant as possible.

You can still do a mod bro, and be sure to participate in these logs, as I believe there may be some more giveaways!
    -=TD

Hey everyone!

So.... if there is one thang that I cannot stand is getting a kick ass mod done, and then finding out that the hardware that I planned on putting in is shot somehow...

Well, I took that portion of the equation out of the mix a few nights ago....

This will be the most powerful machine I have built in a long time! It will be the fastest machine I have ever built, but back when the AMD was king, I had the fortune of building several of the FX series CPU's. Relative to the time period, the FX series were the ass kickers. Well, now I have the blessing to punch around an i7 975EE !!! WOOO HOOO!!!! The awesomeness that is the SpinQ CPU heatsink was supplied by Thermaltake and the memory.... as if there was a question.... is the stomp enducing Ballistix DDR3 triple channel kit. Fully emblazoned with the LED lovin and black heat spreaders with chrome frames....

The motherboard of choice is an ASUS ROG Rampage GENE II 1366 socket motherboard (thank you Rob!).

Blinded by the greatness that is the legendary Crucial Ballistix line of modules!

Tossing on an ATI 4870 video card....

And some glamor shots of the motherboard with memory, cpu and CPU cooler installed....

Mmmmmmm.... looks powerful! I Had better have an equally powerful design on the case mod that will help reflect and respect the processing power pulsing under the skin.... (like that? I did! )

More as I strip the case and start the plans to rolling!

Good day everyone!
    After spending good time on Sleeper the last bit, I am going to update this log tonight! (only so many hours in the day, and juggeling mods is not something I excel at!!)

Dewayne is smoking me on the updates.... so it is time to add some competition to him, whatsayyou?

More in a few hours!
    (@ werk currently.... shhhhh!)

-=TD

This is my first post here at Modders Inc. but I have been a fan of everyone's work here for a long time.
    I did a review on the Thermaltake SpinQ in my blog some time ago.

http://daredevil-modz.blogspot.com/2010/03/thermaltake-spinq-review.html

Have a look and feel free to comment. I look forward to you mod man!

Daredevil

Thank you DD!!! I'll be sure to read that review over!

Figuring out what tact to take on this mod.... There are several different tact that can be taken when it comes to a "Hot Rod" mod... could be a slick paint job like what you get on cars... could be mods influenced by car styling and hot rodding... could be influenced by mods you've seen done to cars.... the scope of potential influences is immense!

I have been staring at the case (both in my garage as well as online with the pics, and I think I have finally come on to an idea for the styling of this build. Working off of the existing building that was done, I intend to mimic the front styling queue except over the side panels....

Notice the gapping around the trim?

The front it elevated and slightly contoured outward:

The inside of the case, the case frame, I really dont want to mess with that much... if at all.

Notice the front door is open, and how the parts are spaced off of the bezel using bent steel legs?

Similar approach to the side panels, raised and meshed underneath, but also with underbody glow kits/ambient lighting.... lighting is to be determined, as I am reviewing my options and trying to keep my budget in tact!

but it is going to be fun!

A Racing stripe over the top with a blower looking exhaust vent would be cool. Or just a hood scope with some glowing lights inside. Something with maybe a resister so it isn't to bright. Other then that I love you ideas!

I can not spell to save my life today! I think I will call it a day.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information