Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vic - XcaliburFX Worklog ... BlewByU Hot Rod Case Mod

Vic - XcaliburFX Worklog ... BlewByU Hot Rod Case Mod

Welcome to my Modders-Inc.com Staff VS Staff Hot Rod Mod-Off worklog. 8-)

Vic - XcaliburFX Worklog ... BlewByU

I have yet to make a decision on what direction I will be going with this mod, but I do have several ideas. :wink:

At the present time we, the 4 competing staff members, have two sponsors which are sponsoring each of us with the exact same starting hardware.

Below are a couple images of our starting hardware;

I'd like to thank Thermaltake for being the primary sponsor of the Hot Rod Mod-Off.

Also, a big thanks to Crucial for sponsoring us each with some memory.

Special thanks to ASUS for kicking in more great products to complete this Hot Rod!

I would also like to thank "Madcatz" (Tritton, Cyborg and Saitek) for kicking in some awesome gaming gear.

Stick around this should get interesting. :wink:

Hey X, this is a really great idea for a build off with 4 modding gods all working with the same starting materials! I love this! I can't way to see which direction everyone goes in.

Hey X, this is a really great idea for a build off with 4 modding gods all working with the same starting materials! I love this! I can't way to see which direction everyone goes in.
    Thanks, I think it will be pretty fun. Be sure to read http://www.modders-inc.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4250 , gives a bit more insight as to what we are trying to accomplish, but basically we would like to show future modders that they too can build a mod with fairly basic tools found around many homes and somewhat of an imagination. While the high dollar mega mods (with all the cnc cutting and powder coating etc etc) are indeed super cool, it is sometimes good to just get back to the home built mods. After all that is where it all started. :wink:

I like it even more now having read the details!
    It's true the sending out of materials for rework and things adds to the appearance but it's unfortunately not something we are all able to afford, and sometimes not realistic.
    That being said though it doesn't stop any of us from doing our own work and performing our own mods. Since the team is starting with the same basic platform and an across the board budget, this is more in line with what the average modder has to work from.
    The cool ideas, tips and results from this mod-off will be much more in line with the average joe's abilities (me included). That's not to say I don't get plenty of ideas and inspirations from builds I know I'm not capable of yet but seeing something that's more in line with my budget and abilities affords me progress according to my lifestyle or lack thereof lol.

Ok, time for an update.

My goal is an Old Skool Hot Rod theme. You know, Halibrand mags, Slicks, custom paint/possibly flames, a big honkin' blower and well a couple other little old skool tricks.

Here is a quick pic of one of several similar layouts I have in mind, but at least it gives you an idea of the direction I an going.

Note the tires/wheels and blower are pretty much scale to what you see in the pic.

I gathered up some of the parts for a semi test fit, of course will probably do some resin molding and a tad of cutting around the blower. Also, I need to fill the rubber tires, probably with foam, to keep them from collapsing as well as beef up the wheel for the axles. Other mods will be done, fabricate a grille and a few other odds, and ends. Custom window etc, for lighting effect. However, I have a better feel now for what it will look like.

Wow, that's cool bro! :mrgreen:

I, hope jay leno doesn't bid on it before you complete the mod.

Good one T-Bass lol! At least it won't take up another car bay in his garage.

How do you plan on doing the wheels X-Cal? Will they free roll or stationary? This is somewhat in line with a current mod I'm doing (completely different type of vehicle though) which I'll display later. I too thought of adding wheels but finding the right type and size to fit the case is going to be interesting to say the least. If and when I do manage to find them I need to figure out stationary or mobile and if it will still manage to be stable enough. The axle part should be fairly simple, I hope.
    I'll continue to monitor your mod to see what you come up with.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information