Thread: Impossibly frustrating.....

Impossibly frustrating.....

Last pin.... the last frikken pin of my PSU sleeving.... snapped in half.

55 of 56 pins successfully pulled, manipulated, sleeved and heat shrinked... last frikken pin broke when being inserted....

Does anyone know what the pin designation type is that is used in the power supply connections like the 4/6/8/24 pin mobo/PCI-e connectors? They are hollow, and look like they have a flat top with a rounded base (kinda like laying a "D" on its side...)

Ugh.... I cannot see straight

*SO*.... absolutely.... frustrating.....

-=TD

Hey maybe Tazz can get some of the guys over at jonnyguru to help on this one. I would think that would be the right ones to ask ;-)

That would be cool. I'm trying to keep the cable as native as possible. Thought about me pulling another line out of another PSU and soldering it in, but I've heard that builds resistance, and I dont want to create a joint that is not needed if at all possible. It is the easiest solution, but not necessarily the cleanest solution.

Put a brass plated tin pin back on the end of the line is the most ideal solution, and since I Have the proepr crimper for that, I could knock this out pretty easy. I just have to know what to buy....

-=TD

bummer ... nothing like that shape comes to mind for any of the 30 or so trays full of various GM connector pin terminals we have at work

Note: a soldered connection with a wire of proper diameter to carry the current, should add almost no resistance to a circuit

Sometimes, I work faster than I knew I would....

I had already purchased some of these a few years back. I had prepurchased a bunch of molex pins "just in case", but had forgotten about them... until last night!

pin replaced, and I have some cleanup to finish on the bundle....

Thanks guys.

Primered

You silly pin-head you!

XD

LOL T-D way to think ahead . Just have to remember next time that you already remembered ahead of the crisis.

Similar to creating brilliant passwords that we think we'll remember, then first time we need to use them...gone. LOL

Thread Information