Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

I started this project four months ago. I had an idea about a custom computer case with high performance and superior liquid cooling. Where I put the radiators in front, instead of stuffing them into a case. I wanted to go big. Here are some pics of the 3D model in Sketch-up.

From the beginning I wanted to get sponsored. I wanted to see how the process worked. Since I work at AMD, I had an advantage. I got to talk to the marketing department and learned what was needed. I came up with a game plan and wrote out a proposal. This process took a long time, a lot longer than I thought. I took my time and researched on writing a proposal. Got the website up and running at www.templeoffusion.com. And it paid off, big time. I got sponsored by two companies. The first being AMD, for the computer part of the build. The second, EK Water Blocks, for the liquid cooling part of the project.

Now the sponsoring part is over, time to start building. I started out by laying out the base.

Then got the walls of the Temple cut out. This case is going to be huge. But I like to say, “Go big, or go home.”

I will use this thread as my worklog. I will try to updated it every week with my progress.

Very cool idea 6 Bolt. I like the Temple of Fusion monicker too! Hmm I might be able to guess some of the builds components and how they'll look but it's only my imagination. Seeing the results will be the kicker and this one looks like it's going to be incredulice!
    I'm partially biased too though as I swear by AMD proccys only!

I'll absolutely keep a close watch on this build . Good luck and congratulations on getting sponsored, to me that's a huge deal.

Clear Coat

Great concept! Can't wait to see what you're going to do with it, though I'd love to see some little transistors bent over in awe of the temple!

Thanks for the kind words. Keep on buying AMD processors and keep me employed Most of the computer components will be high end AMD products.

I am sure somebody with Photoshop experience can get a transistor bowing.

OK this will a good one to watch. I can hear the Indiana Jones Theme song in my head right now....

AMD...OK, WE need to talk.... :-)

I love the Indiana Jones movies. I do have to say it was an influence for the build. I love old stone architecture.

I cannot say too much about AMD. Hopefully I can answer any questions that you have. I work in the I/O interfaces.

I didn't get too much done this week, besides running to and from the store. For the wood working I got some new toys, I mean tools I got a cordless planer and circular saw. This made my life a little easier.

Got the case sides all lined up and level.

Used some clamps and the sander to even things out.

From Slovenia, With Love - 8/1/2010

I got my first package from Slovenia, and like James Bond, I get all the high tech toys. EK sent me two of their CoolStream RAD XT 480 radiators. These radiators are great quality, and are going to make the obelisks look great. Here are some pics.

I love seeing the copper.

When using the belt sander, somehow I got the cord jammed into the 6” circular part of the combo sander. Can see the aftermath.

I cannot call myself a “modder,” if I cannot fix a simple problem like this, so I ran down to Ace to pick some parts. I quickly took the sander apart, and got it fixed.

It is all fixed, and working great.

I got 98% of the pieces cut out for the project. Now I just have to get it all put together. I cannot wait for the next weekend. Here is a pic of all the pieces.

Like it has been said before... "If you don't break something, you're not modding".

I have seen a lot of mods made out of wood lately. Are you outside of the US?

Like it has been said before... "If you don't break something, you're not modding".
    So true.

I have seen a lot of mods made out of wood lately. Are you outside of the US?
    I am inside the US, and live in Denver, CO.

Do to the size, wood just seem appropriate for this case, since I am building it from the ground up.

There should be some metal showing up soon. I should get my donor parts case, a HAF X, on Thursday. Also I will be ordering the brass for the obelisks and top of the temple soon.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information