Thread: On vacation.... and finding modding deals!

On vacation.... and finding modding deals!

So, here I am running around Branson, Missouri. lovin life, haveing fun with the wife, and at one of the outlet malls we were shopping at I stumbled into the Tool Town USA shop... (queue heavely music here...)

Found some things for dirt cheap that will help greatly on the future builds.

I found a set of glass drill bitss that I think will work magically on acrylic (looking forward to testing when I get home)
    I found a little thumb driver with swappable bits for those hard to reach screws

I got a drill bit case. Holds from the teeeniney 1/16 all the way up to 1/2 (29 bits), so that I can finally consolidate my drill bits in one place

And my "sweet find for the day", a boxed set of 5 "big" bits. 9/16, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, and 1 inch. To be used to deburr the edges of my tubing holes. Got his set for $24.99!!!

Loving the finds! Heading to another mall later today that has a Black and Decker outlet...
    -=TD

Clear Coat

Great stuff! I am a secret fan of Harbor Freight tools, they're slightly lesser quality than a lot of other places, but the price difference makes up for it I think.... (and I'm currently living 30 minutes away from the central location!)

I shop them when I am in Dallas and am in need of a tool that I dont know how much I am going to use. I go and buy a "disposable" one from them, and if I over use it.... then I go buy a real one!

Sounds like a vacation in heaven to me. Wife won't let me near the tool section of Home Depot for fear of loosing me forever.
    To each their own.

Great stuff! I am a secret fan of Harbor Freight tools, they're slightly lesser quality than a lot of other places, but the price difference makes up for it I think.... (and I'm currently living 30 minutes away from the central location!)
    I use Harbor Freight Tools, or what I call "One Job Tools" all the time. All kidding aside, you can find some decent stuff there and pay a lot less $$, but typically I stick with Craftsmen (lifetime warranty still in effect). Luckily they have a store about 30mins away from my house.

:mrgreen:

I am sure that his holiday is turning to be both holiday and business trip where he is doing a lot of purchasing to add to his tool collection! It's no wonder the wife didn't leave him out of her sight when they went shopping the second time!! The secret would be to buy here something first, my friend!! But it is thrilling to find such good bargains and that you don't feel guilty that you are spending too much on them!

Thread Information