This will be an ongoing mini-review if you will, of my first watercooling system. Please read through it completely first before installing your Corsair H50 or H70 cooling unit.

Since the Corsair H50 and H70 models are actually sealed closed loop water cooling I consider them to be more of a hybrid than actual watercooling.
I received my package today from which was packaged pretty securely. Opening the box I found the first thing you see (and I wanted to see) which was the radiator and the actual CPU Cooling block. Inside the box were the mounts (both Intel and AMD) and some instructions which were labeled H50 (despite it being an H70). The mounting of both models is identical so other than the number designation being wrong on the instructions it was no problem and it really didn't matter.
My impressions after taking out the radiator and cooling block were as follows: well built, good design, love the flat black finish on the rad. I also liked the swiveling pipes coming off of the CPU block which make it potentially much easier to install than stationary pipes. (The H70 has swivel pipes, H50 has stationary pipes).
The pipes are a semi gloss black which actually goes good and are surprisingly made of metal. I was expecting plastic or neoprene but the outside at least are metal. I'm guessing there is probably neoprene on the inside?
Besides the instructions and the rad and block are the mounts and instructions along with the necessary screws and screw guides as well as backplates.
Since mine was for an AMD processor I used the AMD backplate (isn't I the smart one?) which went on very easy. You remove your stock backplate by simply removing the 4 Phillips head screws and then the backplate falls off. Also with that will be the removal of the heatsink retention plate (plastic on the front face of the mobo). Apply the screw receivers into each of the four designated screw holes and twist them into the receiver holes until they're flush with the plastic surface. Next you take the Corsair backplate and apply the sticky sponge spacers and then press the backplate onto the back of the mobo and press it down.
Now turn over the mobo.
Take the 4 screw receivers and place them into the CPU Cooling pump retainer (the large circle thing). Be sure to insert them as shown in the guide pictures. Then place the pump retainer aligning it over the holes as best as possible. Now insert the 4 screws but do not tighten them down all the way. Just go in about 2-3 threads. You don't want to thread these screws all the way in because you will need clearance room to twist the CPU Cooling pump into the receiver so a small gap for height adjustment is necessary.
Now take the head unit (pump) and place it into the pump retainer. This is where it gets a tad tricky but not overly. While pulling out (slightly) on the pump retainer insert and twist the head unit until you feel it twist then stop. Now simply go back and tighten down your 4 screws in the retainer (DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN) and you're done. All you need to do then is take the pump plug which is identical to a 3 pin fan plug and insert it into the CPU fan fins on your mobo.

Recommendations - I didn't mention installing the radiator or fans yet because there were two things I noticed that were not listed in the instructions. I deemed them fairly important so I'm doing this separately.

In the H50 you use only 1 fan but there is an option to use 2 fans in a push/pull scenario if you want. The H70 comes standard with 2 fans for the push/pull method.
I recommend installing the radiator first which should be common sense since it's the heaviest part of the assembly. In doing so this will alleviate any problems installing the interior most fan if you've tried to already install the head (pump unit) into the receiver. Trying to install the second fan after the pipes are already in place is nearly impossible and asking for trouble.

Next is actually installing the radiator itself. You will first need to put the washers on the long black screws and push at least 1 of them through the fan mounting holes, next place the radiator holes in close proximity to the screw head and begin tightening. NOTICE: At least on my case (Antec 1200) I found it much easier to install the right bottom screw and washer first and then the left bottom screw and washer to hold the rad in place. Trying to install either of the two top screws through the fan and into the radiator proved to be next to impossible. You may have different result with your particular case. My rad is installed on the interior back of my case.

I purposely didn't attach any pictures or movies because there are tons on about both the H50 and the H70 installations so I recommend reading this first and then watching them.

I've not finished the build yet but I really enjoyed how easy it was to install this hybrid watercooling system. If you have any fears about installing it, don't! I had a lot less problems installing this than some of the high performance air coolers to be honest.

When I get this up and running I'll post my results and impressions on here. So far I'm very impressed and best of all, no maintenance to the pump or the lines, you gotta love advancements in technology ! :mrgreen: