Thread: Logitech G15 Under Key Lighting/LCD screen Colour Change

Logitech G15 Under Key Lighting/LCD screen Colour Change

ever wanted to get rid of that ugly orange colour that illuminated your G15?
    check out my guide: http://mod-e-fi.com/logitech-g15-led-change/

Primered

Come on bud... boxers? Really? XD

it's purely a ploy to get more people to read my guide, show off a bit of skin at the end

Primered

*urk*

Hey, I have the first generation of the g15, the one with the flip up screen, blue LED lighting scheme.. Problem is, there is a break in the wire that leads to the screen that prevents the backlighting from working. Fromw hat I remember, people complained that it was a design flaw, constant opening and closing of the screen would work something loose. I opened it to see if it was anything I could fix, like maybe a loose solder point, but it appears to be a break in the covered cord leading to the screen.

Know of any ways to fix this?

you'd have to replace the entire ribbon
    not sure how easy it would be to find tbh, you'd have to take the connector off the old one and solder it onto a new piece of ribbon
    that should work if yo ucan find a rbbon with the same number of wires as the broken one

Primered

its weird, the whole screen functions.. yet no LED backlight. If its going to be hard to find one, or expensive to get that small proprietary ribbon.. screw it...Mmmm where is that $2000 Maximus keyboard.. all OLED screens hehehe

Hey Shodan I went through the same thing. I decided to mod my G15 and wound up messing up the filament cable which eventually rendered my LED read out screen useless. This time around I simply went for the G19 Keyboard which gives you the option to change the key colors to any of 3 you choose with a palette of 12 (I believe) to choose from and if you want you can also make your own colors using a round 4 color palette screen.
    I wasn't about to pay the $175.99 I've seen it retailing for so I wound up getting mine off of Ebay for $129.99 plus free shipping .
    What I like most about the G Series keyboards is the feel and sound of the keys. They're not your typical loud and clicky sounding and they just feel right. The added full motion LED screen is a bonus too. Allows you to post pictures to it, watch videos, connect to you tube or simply see your real-time gaming stats. A lot like the G15 but on steroids and a better feeling keyset.

Thread Information