Thread: ASUS P6T

ASUS P6T

I'm on my second go around with this computer for work. before the first shipping problem when UPS droped the whole computer and cracked the board in half. I know the builder had to send for a replacment board. now since all that is in the past I get it here and it's being funky I have 12 gig's installed in it. the thing only shows 8 at the max I played the ram swaping to check the chips out they are all good. I found the last 2 slots are not working. but when I was messing around when it only had 8 gig's installed I put another 2 gigs in the last slot and when I re booted it instead of it saying 10 or 8 gig it only said 6 installed. This problem has been going on for 3 months trying to get this computer here and workign. I'm at a loss of words not counting the contracts I've lost due to not having a work computer for my graphics company. any idea what could be going on? If i have to replace it. What should I use as a replacment. I never had problems with that brand in the past. I starting looking at a RAMPAGEIIIEXTREME. I'm so out of touch with hardware. I can't tell if I'm getting the shaft any more.

ASUS P6T

Hmm... let me see if I can get some to help on this.

ASUS P6T

Thanks I was wondering if I lost people in the post.If it does not make sence let me know I will try and rewrite it.

ASUS P6T

Hi, since the board is having a hard time properly recognizing the ram I would guess that your bios is somehow corrupt and I would try to flash the bios to the newest version and if it already is the latest release then try to reflash it again. Not sure if that would be the correct way to go but I would try that if it was mine.

If anyone feels differently or that I am wrong about flashing the bios then chime in.

ASUS P6T

Thanks for the reply
    I've been doign some reasearch and I found out the MOBO does not like 12gig's or win 7 64 alot of the problem I have with it I thought it was my fault or due to shipping like a loose connectors, But the cpu fan does not want to start at times. so here is a link to the P6Tnewegg the thing that bugs me is I wanted a board that I could expand up to 24 gigs of ram for work where this is one only goes up to 12. Can someone help me find a better board does not have to be the same brand. I've have been waiting for 3 months for this machine and instead of calling the builder I'd rather buy a mobo and send him the bad one back so I can get a refund. Are EVGA boards decent? I've tried to match spec's but I'm unsure if I'm doing it correct.(NOOB) THanks agin for the help

ASUS P6T

According to the specs on newegg the board can do this...

Memory
    Number of Memory Slots 6×240pin
    Memory Standard DDR3 2000 (O.C) / 1866 (O.C) / 1333
    Maximum Memory Supported 24GB
    Channel Supported Triple Channel

Is all the memory the same manufacture, speed and such?

What size are the memory modules and how many? Like do you have 6 x 2GB sticks of memory or 3 x 4GB sticks of memory?

ASUS P6T

According to the specs on newegg the board can do this...

Memory
    Number of Memory Slots 6×240pin
    Memory Standard DDR3 2000 (O.C) / 1866 (O.C) / 1333
    Maximum Memory Supported 24GB
    Channel Supported Triple Channel

Is all the memory the same manufacture, speed and such?

What size are the memory modules and how many? Like do you have 6 x 2GB sticks of memory or 3 x 4GB sticks of memory?
    I have 6 x 2gb sticks yes they are all the same.
    ( Memory type DDR3
    Module format UDIMM
    Manufacturer (ID) OCZ (7F7F7F7FB0000000)
    Size 2048 MBytes
    Max bandwidth PC3-8500F (533 MHz)
    Part number OCZ3P1333LV2G )
    I looking to find almost the same board but can go up to 24 gigs of ram. From the reviews I've read this boads sucks at a win 7 64 bit and it never will show more then 8 gig it in it.

ASUS P6T

New mobo will be here this week . same brand different model. Just in time for a trailer wrap I have comming up.

Thread Information