Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the dell lorean

the dell lorean

Senior 98 has a compy i really want to mod and i'd like to throw my ideas around w you guys. its an old dell optiplex and the case is screaming mod me. the side panels not only cover the side but meet up top, im thinking make the sidepanels come up like gull wing doors(delorean style) also since senior and I watched back to the futire almost as many times as smoky and the bandit I'm thinking about using some led's to make a "flux capacitor" Im thinking the final neat piece would be to add a small lcd and to have a program to make the current date time and the travel in time to date and time. Of course i'd paint it as close to stainless in color to mimick the delorean paint. If i get sone time i'll hook this all up in sketch up. I f you like the idea for this themed mod please comment so i can convince senior to give me this case to mod for him. Thanks

Master Modder

the dell lorean

I too enjoyed the Back to the Future series. This idea that you have is great, I would like to see this come to life, so you have my vote, I think that it should also be a gaming machine. Have fun and Happy Modding. :idea:

the dell lorean

I have 2 of those, and I *totally* agree o nthe interpretation

the dell lorean

McFLY!!! How you going to get that thing up to 88 miles an hour...lol

This sounds like an awesome idea, GO FOR IT!

the dell lorean

omg your stealing my dell modding idea! lol jk. We should mod 1 computer together and we'll call it the... Dell Lorean of Doom! But i'd love to do a mod with you and senior

the dell lorean

the dell lorean is definetly gonna happen! i'm looking through some of my old car parts to find keyless door poppers to release the side panels, and im gonna scrap up some aluminum to weld up some internal bracing for the sidepanels. This is gonna be a heart and soul project, It wil be done with the same effort i would put into working on a car so the results should be outstanding. As soon as Senior comes back up here ill get started. Thanks to everyone for the input and encouragement!

the dell lorean

Senior 98 has a compy i really want to mod and i'd like to throw my ideas around w you guys. its an old dell optiplex and the case is screaming mod me. the side panels not only cover the side but meet up top, im thinking make the sidepanels come up like gull wing doors(delorean style) also since senior and I watched back to the futire almost as many times as smoky and the bandit I'm thinking about using some led's to make a "flux capacitor" Im thinking the final neat piece would be to add a small lcd and to have a program to make the current date time and the travel in time to date and time. Of course i'd paint it as close to stainless in color to mimick the delorean paint. If i get sone time i'll hook this all up in sketch up. I f you like the idea for this themed mod please comment so i can convince senior to give me this case to mod for him. Thanks
    I hear that theres a really easy and cheap way to make a really good flux capacitor. Maybe if you could somehow mod a Flux capacitor over your cpu? (like the flux capacitor box with the cpu and HS inside of it and a vent going to the back or something to get out heat?

the dell lorean

I hear that theres a really easy and cheap way to make a really good flux capacitor. Maybe if you could somehow mod a Flux capacitor over your cpu? (like the flux capacitor box with the cpu and HS inside of it and a vent going to the back or something to get out heat?
    No marty. your are'nt thinking 4th dimensionally :lol:

the dell lorean

I too enjoyed the Back to the Future series. This idea that you have is great, I would like to see this come to life, so you have my vote, I think that it should also be a gaming machine. Have fun and Happy Modding. :idea:
    sry for double posting but if we can someow cut out the back to fit my components then i would put my sempron and 6800 in there but its just getting the components to fit. we will see.

Master Modder

the dell lorean

I guess that I should have stated that this all has to have the approval of senior98. Right 98?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information