Thread: Blizzard Bans Single Player Cheaters

Blizzard Bans Single Player Cheaters

I'm thinking they need to rethink this practice , can't be good for future business?! :roll:

"On October 1, 2010, Blizzard began the unprecedented act of suspending and banning players for the use of cheats and trainers in SINGLE PLAYER games of Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty. Users found to be using cheats in SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN MODE and AI SKIRMISH mode were treated the same as if they had cheated in a multiplayer online match.

For some, their accounts were suspended and for others their CD keys were disabled and they were completely locked out of playing even campaign mode in their legally purchased game. "[B]

http://www.cheathappens.com/article_blizzardbans.asp

:roll:

The Ban Hammer knows no ends, it seems. That's overboard, even going by Blizzards standards. Those people wasted there money and I hope there are lawsuits that follow and this becomes a one-time thing. Now it seems we're going to need to read the user agreements from now on, just in-case there's something in there about changing aspects of the game.

Agreed. There have been a few single player games i enabled a cheat code on, low health or ammo at save point, etc..

But i don't think in doing so should result in a ban .... :?

Yeah, the people pay to play the game their way (or as much their way as they can). Multiplayer is a little different but even then, it's still a bit much to be completely banned from a game. Being banned from a server or two would suck but I can't imagine how much it would suck to pay $50+ for a game and never be able to play it again (unless I wanted to pay another $50+). And this is kind of funny in it's own way, since in the first Starcraft --- there were cheats (There is no cow level.) and now they're banning them for using them? Maybe it's because they aren't Blizzard's cheats.

I use cheats ....

But onlyin a single player game and only after I've played through on hard quite a few times

It's absolutely incredible that they think they can get away with disabling my game when I'm not cheating against anyone but a computer ... It's none of their freaking busness!!!! :madashell:

... I hope the people get more than their money back

I'm getting pretty damn fed up with DRM and their draconian measures

I'm getting pretty damn fed up with DRM and their draconian measures
    I hear you! :evil:

Thread Information