Thread: blu2bitz

this is my personal rig,

which is still a long way from the vision i hold for it. Ive been so busy the last few months Ive had no time to mod. Plus my work space had been temporarily converted into a storage area. Now most of the stuff has been cleared out and its time to get back to it. I haveproject n.v.g sitting on the floor right right now in need of a final coat of clear. I just picked a few things for that project and will be posting soon.

now back to blu2bitz, several hours of have all ready been poured into this overclocked on air rig.

Ok i got this case a while back for a few dollars it was a really good deal.

Had a p3 board that got pulled. it came with 2 blue led fans that i kept. The fist thing i did was add a couple of neon lights and i built the first hd cage. This cage was scraped and replaced with a tool-less acrylic hd bay.

Got to go for now, but I will get this worklog up to date soon.[I]

Next came the new board a gigbyte socket am2.

i changed a couple of things with the psu.

i have replaced both psu fans with blue led fans since this pic was taken.

next i acquired the materials needed for the hd bay.

and put it together

the vent holes on the bay were kinda an after thought.

a lot of leds are in this thing, along 2 mini neon tube, a 12" sound reactive neon, and a couple of led bars. so in came the junction box with 2 on/off switches to control the all but the fan lights.

more to come soon....

the dvd drive had to match.

i later added a blue mask over the white logos on the front of the drive

adding lights and components.

also painted the rear mobo panel.

when i bought the case it had a little wear and tear. so before i added the blue board, i took it apart and buffed it out with some 1000-1500-2000 grain wet sand paper. then took the buffer to it with some headlight restorer and got it looking new. sorry i have no pics of the process.

thanks for looking, more to come.

Swagga, excellent job on the blue paint, especially the DVD Drive. Is that the metallic Kryon blue?

Thread Information