Thread: Video proof of time traveler?

Video proof of time traveler?

O.K., I'm scratching my head at this one folks! Anyone come up with an explanation, feel free to post it here!

Keep in mind the film was shot in 1928!!!!

"This short film is about a piece of footage I (George Clarke) found behind the scenes in Charlie Chaplins film 'The Circus'. Attending the premiere at Manns Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, CA - the scene shows a large woman dressed in black with a hat hiding most of her face, with what can only be described as a mobile phone device - talking as she walks alone.

I have studied this film for over a year now - showing it to over 100 people and at a film festival, yet no-one can give any explanation as to what she is doing.

My only theory - as well as many others - is simple... a time traveler on a mobile phone. See for yourself and feel free to leave a comment on your own explanation or thoughts about it.

George - 20th October 2010"

After watching that I was thinking about the concept of time travel and in this day and age and how we currently don't have time travel (that is known of) so I would have to lean toward saying it is something other than time travel cause the way technology is advancing. Most likely in the future even 10 years from now the common image one would assume someone would look and act like when talking on a phone would be much different. If you look at 10 - 15 years ago cell phones were huge devices in the hand and could not be mistaken. Now look at five years ago, everything slimmed down to the extent that would be what that person might be holding. Now days you have hands free ear pieces which totally change the way a person would look if they are using the phone.

Since we currently do not have time travel that is known of at this technological age I am going to have to say that the human seen there is not doing what we think they are.

Then again maybe someone did create a practical application for time travel secretly in the last couple of years and nobody is aware of it and it was a cell phone in his hand. I am leaning towards no, but who knows.

One fact that disputes the concept of time travel and has been mentioned before in other discussions is that to return after you may have reached your intended destination you need to be within a time period that allows the same or better technology to exist or else you'd be stuck wherever in time you went, assuming you went back in time. The machine physically would most likely be unable to travel with you since it to would have to be encased in the same transporter type mechanism.

One fact that disputes the concept of time travel and has been mentioned before in other discussions is that to return after you may have reached your intended destination you need to be within a time period that allows the same or better technology to exist or else you'd be stuck wherever in time you went, assuming you went back in time. The machine physically would most likely be unable to travel with you since it to would have to be encased in the same transporter type mechanism.
    The DeLorean or some sort of worm hole back, would be my arguments against that but there's nothing to back either one of them up.

But seriously, I'd say she was just crazy and talking to her hand. She really wouldn't be able to talk to anyone considering that there's no cell towers and any sort of signal wave cannot travel through time. I'd believe she was an alien before I believed she was a time traveler. Occum's Razor --- when you hear hooves, thing horses not zebras.

LOL the Back to The Future concept would be an exception except for one thing, fuel would have to be something very universal i.e. unleaded versus leaded, etc. Then there would be the issue of what if you needed a replacement part that wasn't possibly available within that time period? The further back in time you go the more risky it would become. Say nothing of trying to fit in during a most likely more barbaric time period than what we're used to.
    Throwing old vegetables into a DeLorean as a viable fuel source is a great concept but we're pretty far away from it being practical yet.
    Then you would also have to figure in the most important variable that would have a consequential chain reaction which would be the fact that anyone's very existence would forever change the future as we do or do not know it to be.
    It's scary to think what could become of it if it were to ever be a reality. I think most instant thoughts would probably be the wow and cool factor but it could eventually be disastrous.

Stephen Hawking sent out an invitation to all time travelers to join a party of his, but noone turned up, hence no time travel (at least backwards anyway, aparently it is possible to go forwards in time if you orbit really close to a massive black hole. I'm not going anywhere near her again!!)

Brian

P.S. Source, Stephen Hawking's "Master of the Universe" TV series.

Honestly, I think the large gal was yelling at her husband to slow down and wait for her while she was rubbing herear.

$0.02

Thread Information