Thread: what to make out of left over Plexi !!

what to make out of left over Plexi !!

well since i am Finally gotten the plexi for my Pyramid mod i am finding out i have a whole bunch of left over Plexi Glass . so instead of throwing it away ( its too small for any major big projects ) i decided why not lil fan deflectors / guards . heres a quick shot of what i got goin on and what i am using .. tools required : 1 Sharp Knife ,glue i am super glue gel to hold my peices to gether its strong but these have no real strength requirement , 1 marker ( prefered a small point sharpy ) , 1 Fan ( it helps give you a size and an out line , i am using a 80 mm fan ) , 1 belt sander ( if no belt sander then a full sheet of 80 grit sand paper to shape the plexi glass ) these pieces are way to small to get a perfect cut so i will cut em out then use a belt sander to shape em , 1 a straight edge ( or in my case i am using a 3.5 inch Machine Vise , this lil peice of equipment costed me 10 bucks at a local wally world and i use it for bout everything ) a lil bit of plexi , and lil bit of imagination :twisted: ......

well i completed the cutting and glueing ( sanding will have to wait till tommarrow ) the square top is 80mm x 80 mm and the 2 sides are 1/2 inch tall and 80 mm long . if you look close enough you will see a dark area at an angle front front ( open end ) to rear on one . and on the last image you will see that these peices are connected together at one corner ( you can put em on oppisite ends ) the 1/2 inch on one end ( open end ) will allow plenty of air flow in or out any less you can restrict amount of air goin in or out ..

what to make out of left over Plexi !!

well I finally got off my Duff , and drug out the belt sander and finished this lil mod ( hey its sunday LOL ) .

this is what it looks like just after i got done sanding it .

here it is on my current mod ( consider this an update on it ) as these lil mods are goin to end up on it . ( sorry no fans were installed or harmed during this modding Part ... ( thats the next lil mod Muhahahahaha )

i may still tweak it . this mod may take up to 20 - 30 min total time once you get em down you could shave it to 15 - 20 min . :twisted:

i completed the cutting and glueing ( sanding will have to wait till tommarrow ) the square top is 80mm x 80 mm and the 2 sides are 1/2 inch tall and 80 mm long
    watson

Thread Information