Thread: Ant Farm Case

Ant Farm Case

I don't believe I shared my ant farm with you guys.

Yes, I said Ant Farm.

I took an Ultra Aluminus case and built a double pane window for the side and filled it with ant gel. Then I added 300 Harvester Ants and let them go to work digging and tunneling.

I also did a ton of modifications to the inside of the case as well but most people don't notice once they see the ants crawling around. 8O

Ok ok ...now for the ants -

It was a fun build to say the least. I got some pretty interesting reactions when I unveiled it. I was also invited to the Rods and Mods exhibit in San Francisco at their Exploratorium. It was a blast!

I still use this computer after 2 years although the ants have all passed away so I replaced the window with a smoked acrylic panel.

Rest in peace little ants. :cry:

Ant Farm Case

Poor little ants... have you thought about putting fake one in place to keep the ant farm look?

Ant Farm Case

That is awesome! Nice work.

Ant Farm Case

Poor little ants... have you thought about putting fake one in place to keep the ant farm look?
    Lol

The gel is their nutrients so unfortunately it starts to age and gets kinda nasty looking. I just heated up the gel, poured it out, and then added new a couple times but it becomes a real pain.

Thread Information