Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in Clear Lake/Houston area that can drill a 90 mm...

Anyone in Clear Lake/Houston area that can drill a 90 mm...

hole for me for my side panel to my Wave Master case?

I live in an apt. and have two kids. So no such tools can exist in my place...
    I know I'm new here but Tech-Daddy referred me here from Sharkyforums.com and if it makes you feel better, I'm a mod over there...

I hope this will be a good experience here for me and you all!

We have several that come through here that are from Texas. I dont know how close they would be to you though.

I am sure if its possible someone will step up. Although it wouldn't be to expensive to pick up inexpensive drill (hand held style not a drill press) and a bit for it. Drilling the panel in an apartment shouldn't cause you any problems. It will only take a couple of minutes to cut through the panel and I wouldn't think you would create enough noise to bother any other tenants. Just to be safe I would do it during the daytime tho. A drill will come in handy for more than just modding too. You can even use a cordless drill to do them if the panel your using is aluminum or plexiglass.

Welcome to MI!
    Another relatively quiet way to do it is with a nibbler. I've cut many fan holes and even a side panel window with one. You should find it at any hardware/electronics store (I got mine @radioshack) for around $10.

Thanks for the welcome and the info... so does this nibbler work kinda like a hole puncher??

Sorta, it bites small bits of metal (like 6mmx2mm) each time you squeeze it. That's why it doesn't make so much noise.

hmm, gimme a sec...

here! this is from an old intake hack:

nibbler pwns dremel:

first cut on a front fan grill:

a few cuts later (see those small metal bits below the switch module?):

hope that helps.

That's a very helpful pic you got going... thanks!
    However, it doesn't seem like it will be helpful in creating a hole on the side panel as there's no holes of any kind to begin with!

we are a group of modders located in texas. tech daddy and sheldog23 are members here. Austin Modders

maybe we can help?

well I know techdaddy has a drill press and he is very trustworthy, could you tape off where you want the hole and ship it to him?

Well, I've spoken on this issue with Tech-Daddy before (from Sharkyforums) but he lives in Dallas and he thought that shipping (both ways) would pretty much kill the deal... anyone shipped a side panel before? That's why I was hoping for local area (Houston) so I can drive it there...

well no shipping will not be free, but with in state it should not run more than 15 bucks round trip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information