Thread: Free site hosting

Free site hosting

Does anyone know of a good free PHP host that doesen't have banners or pop ups and has a fairly good connection? I think ive tried everywhere.

Free site hosting

Try this host http://www.1and1.com , this is my host and for less than 10 bucks a month they have loads of space and goodies and they are fast. The good free hosts are long gone my friend.

Free site hosting

Setup your own apache + php + mysql server at home :P Thats what I use to host my site www.ultramodz.com on. Course home hosting all depends on whether your ISP is ghey or not and blocks port 80. It also depends a but on how much upstrean bandwidth you have.

www.godaddy.com has some real good plans for very cheap... though I'm not sure about free. I would honestly try your own server if you're up to the task and have a spare machine laying about.

Web hosting even a database driven, dynamic site like mine can be done with ease on even an old Pentium II/K6-2 machine. My home web-server is a Athlon-XP 2500+ but I use it for alot more than just hosting my website.

Free site hosting

Setup your own apache + php + mysql server at home :P Thats what I use to host my site www.ultramodz.com on. Course home hosting all depends on whether your ISP is ghey or not and blocks port 80. It also depends a but on how much upstrean bandwidth you have.

www.godaddy.com has some real good plans for very cheap... though I'm not sure about free. I would honestly try your own server if you're up to the task and have a spare machine laying about.

Web hosting even a database driven, dynamic site like mine can be done with ease on even an old Pentium II/K6-2 machine. My home web-server is a Athlon-XP 2500+ but I use it for alot more than just hosting my website.
    no offence phax but I checked your site out one day and it was ultra slow :? Maybe you were downloading something? I guess it was pretty fast for being hosted off a home connection. My comcast only uploads 40kb/s, I wouldnt be a very good site hoster.

Free site hosting

no offense taken, my connection is slow, I admit it, when its working at all. The new site design isn't half bad though.. There are less bandwidth heavy graphix, and I found the mod-gzip extension for Apache that compresses the web page HTML before it gets sent to the end user, so the file to be sent is 70-80% smaller.

I too only have ~48KB/s upload capacity (384Kb upstream). Definately not ideal for hosting large pictures or files on.

If my site actually gets a lot of users in the future and the bandwidth really becomes an issue I'll pay for a decent host, but its really convienient right now, especially since i'm still in the development stages to have the server right next to my workstation.

Thread Information