Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing it up a bit, the look that is.

Changing it up a bit, the look that is.

Well I wanted to try and change the look of the site a bit without having to start all over. So you might see some odd things once in awhile and it might even go right back to the way it was if it dont look good.

The first thing done was to removed the left side block and shift them to the right side- you will see this on the rest of the site as the forums will have no blocks right now.

Please check out the other pages and give some feedback.

Thanks!

I think its to much of a good thing when its all one sided if that makes sense. Unless you only have one larger column for all your "widgets/html boxes" but i personally like two, plus it gives you more space for that skyscraper ad which generates money, so unless your goal is to just make it look better then my suggestion is to leave it be and just remove the ad but its always a difficult choice when your designing. Trial and error is the best suggestion i got. I have noticed that ad below the nav bar doesn't show up in the forums but it will in the other pages, seems like some coding issues there.

The ad was there, but it was removed as we were using the open source Openx for serving the ads and after getting hacked a few times it was time to move on. We now use a system from Google that seems much, much better. The code needs to be removed now but I never noticed that it was showing a missing block until I switched away from FF.

The Google ad are there to TRY and help pay for the sites server (along with the ads in the reviews) but let say that their performance is less than desired ;-)

It looks cleaner to me

But I have no widgets either

I like the current look better to be honest. It's clean as DB said and it seems to load a little faster too.
    Ugh widgets, to me they're as useless as add-on toolbars. Both should be banned.

UGH! Toolbars! ... the sneaky way almost everything you want to download has one hidden somewhere in it's OK ... downright dishonest :evil:
    Widgets are different, I could find a useful one, and I get to decide which one ... and besides, I dont see them trying to sneak one onto my computer

.... oops, don't get me started :lol:

I like the "M-I Content" box in the home section! Great idea, we gotta show off that great content on the site!!

yes, forgot to mention that I like that too

Would it possible for more then the "5 recent posts" in the top section of the forum? I find i'm always searching for what someone posted and sometimes it can be a pain.
    I was thinking maybe up to 10 recent post at the most and 8 as the min.

Not sure if this is as simple as saying it but just a thought

RSVP'd over at XtremeSystems right after Americanfreak and see you are from AZ.
    i'm in lake Havasu, hope Americanfreak is too !!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information