Thread: The Scrabble Keyboard

The Scrabble Keyboard

This keyboard was commissioned by a couple of friends of mine from back east (NJ) who are avid Scrabble players. Most of the keys are made from real Scrabble tiles that were all hand-beveled (truly an exercise in patience/masochism!) and built onto a USB, clicky, mechanical-switch keyboard. This keyboard was going into a Mac environment so I decided to use brushed aluminum for the casing and round all of the corners to keep with the sleek, simple Macintosh styling. Near the end of the build, I decided that the keyboard looked a little too minimalist so I added some silver hardware and a seam to put a slightly industrialized twist on the design.

* 1/19/09 Due to the overwhelmingly positive responses I've received about this keyboard, I'm considering building a batch of them for sale in the near future. I just need to do some research into the legality of using the Scrabble name on this product so I don't get sued or anything! (Please don't sue me, Hasbro, I'm just a guy in a garage over here!)
    Please feel free to join my mailing list to stay informed of availability.
    : )

The Scrabble Keyboard

You know all that it is missing is the ledge to put the tiles on so that you can make words with the keys.

It has been ages and I mean ages since I played scrabble.

The Scrabble Keyboard

Very nice work

The Scrabble Keyboard

LOL that is pretty cool. Now if they'd develop one out of yahtzee dice for those with a serious binary syndrome lol.

The Scrabble Keyboard

Okay, I'm a year late to the party, but this is too cool!

I've become an avid Words with Friends player (and I hardly ever cheat at all, honest!)

So the Scrabble piece idea is really great to me. I like this a lot.

Thread Information