Thread: Another, Adam why is your video card in the oven?

Another, Adam why is your video card in the oven?

Ok this one is wild, i can't believe i even found this... But here it goes

THE- OVEN TRICK - WORKED
    Ok, i got an 8800gtx of ebay, and it had artifacts all over the screen, like a chessboard
    i reflashd the bios --- still nothing
    then rememberd some cases of heat fixing xbox 360's and thourght of oven trick

i put it in the oven for around 5 mins AND NOW IT WORKS
    i seriously thourght he was joking, but i got so angry because i couldnt fix the card, i just bunged it in the oven and it workeddd WOO IME SOO HAPPY AND FEEL LIKE I SHOULD TELL EVERYONE!!!
    THANKS FOR ALL YOU HELP!!

( by the way if anyone is going to try it make sure u take all the heatsinks off first and make sure u use PREHEATED oven set to 385F ( gass mark 6) (solder melts around 364F) )
    different people left it in there for different times, most people said 6-8 mins 14 is too much

wow ime so happy
    ****EDIT1****
    GUIDE
    1: remove heatsink and thermal paste
    2: preheat oven to 385F to 400F( NO HIGHER!) ( gas mark 6)
    3: lay foil over the oven rack
    4: make 4 balls of foil, about 4cm high,
    5L when the oven is heated to its corrent temperature, put the graphics card on the 4 balls, one on each corner )
    6: leave for around 6-10 mins, NO MORE THAN 12 OR IT WILL MELT
    7: ENOJOY!!!

****EDIT 2****
    THIS FIX MAY NOT LAST FOREVER, SO PLEASE DO NOT PUT CARDS IN THE OVEN AND THEN SELL THEM its not nice!!

Testimonials:

RAVANELI: but desperate to get it back I tossed it in the oven too. MIRACLE!

haste 226: i was finally able to attempt this today and im amazed! it worked. wow...if i had only known when it died...

POLARYS425: Add one more 8800GTX to the success list. I just baked it for 12-15 minutes at 385F.

ME: Stuck it in the oven for 8 mins (exactly) AND NOW IT WORKS!!!!! aaaaaa im soo hapy

DANBROKE: Sweet lord! I just did it too my cellphone that wasnt working and Walla!! It work again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! Great trick!!

might as well give it a shot. To my amazement it totally worked, card is now (apparently) all good with no video corruption or anything

zOZ: I threw it in the oven and it came out and also... now works

BADBONJI: he didn't believe me (I gave him some links of how people have done it) and now it works again, saves him from buying another gpu for a while!

WIKING: Thank you so much, this resurected my x800xl that didnt even POST

ANOTHERSMOKE: let cool new paste and wallah! been folding when not at computer for 3 weeks

PINKGOLD This is madness!! Yesturday I had an 8800gtx that wouldn't even let my comp start if it was connected! Today after 5 mins of light baking, I have a fully functioning gpu!!

Gods_oMekone: it works! booted into windows fine. going to install some games and make sure 3d works

AND ANOTHER 23 PAGES OF IT WROKING FOR PEOPLE http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1421792

Source

Another Source

Guests

Another, Adam why is your video card in the oven?

Excellent post,thanks for sharing.

Blu-ray Ripper for Mac - can rip Blu-ray movie and DVD movie from disc

How to use Blu-ray Ripper for Mac?

How to Rip Blu-ray for Mac?

Thread Information