Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Considering buying an xps

Considering buying an xps

hey all. my mom was looking into buying a new computer for her office work. and whatnot so i came up with a plan. I am going to talk to her about getting an xps (dell yes) for me and letting her have my setup which is capable of a hell of alot more than office work mind you but im a huge gamer and for 50 bucks a month this seemed like a hell of a deal and i also customised it with what i wanted.

specs:

pentium D 2.80 ghz
    250 gb sata 150 hd
    ati radeon x1900xtx 512 mb
    1gb ddr2
    19 inch flatscreen
    saitek eclipse red backlit keyboard
    my razer (of course)
    logitech x530s

with a dell preferred account it will be 50 dollars a month

it is an xps 400 and when it gets here i will wipe the hard drive and do a fresh install of xp

Only on problem I see... "It's a DELL!"

i say get a newegg card and build something much better

Master Modder

Personaly I wouldn't touch a Dell with your hands. Both of my sons purchased a Dell and I told them not to and they did it anyway, but it seems like once the warranty was gone the Dell started to break down, and now the boys are asking for help. I wouldn't touch a DELL. If I did I would be ops:

newegg doesnt offer what i want and its going to be for the whole family now anyway and my mom doesnt want me to build anything else for some odd reason. yea its a dell but its gonna get a new case and a clean install of xp without all the grappy bloadware. its just a thought and i could make it better. i really just want a pc thats already built and is reliable. if it breaks down i can repair it.

I would have to agree with everyone else on a newegg preferred card, I think they are actully offering no interest until January 07 so thats a nice little bonus. You could easily build that same computer on newegg with better quality parts for the same price or less, and you would have the privilage and pride of building it yourself. Plus I beleive that you void the warranty on a dell if you dont use their oem install of windows, I may be wrong though. Or the other alternative is you could build a barebone on newegg for way cheap with just lower end but still high quality parts for your mother. Either way, good luck.

EDIT: you posted again as I typed this one, if you purchase a dell I would suggest buying one of these Dell PSU converter or looking on google on how to build your own because the power supplies are junk.

what i might do is get a new motherboard for the components and be happy that way its not really a dell anymore

what i might do is get a new motherboard for the components and be happy that way its not really a dell anymore
    May as well get a new PSU to... Dell's are non-standard :x

not a little chance to build the system yourself?

not a little chance to build the system yourself?
    yeah.... commmmon everyone likes to look at a good custom build thread and oooooowww and awwwww at the fancy parts, but a "im switching my dell motherboard for a new one" not so much.

What doesnt newegg have that you want? (from your post above)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information