Thread: Clan .:vVv:. Turns 8-years-old today, February 18th, 2010!

Clan .:vVv:. Turns 8-years-old today, February 18th, 2010!

I once read somewhere that the average online gaming clan has a "life expectancy" of less than a few months.

In a time when clans seem to come and go, we've "beaten the odds" to not only grow, but prosper as a clan and community!

Celebrate with us on this monumental occasion!

Our History:

.:vVv:. Was originally conceived in November of 2002 from members of the old AXP forum.

The founding idea was to provide a fun place for people of all skill levels to enjoy the game. A place where disrespect of others would not be tolerated, and where you could “just play” and enjoy the game.

The original group disbanded in January of 2003, and the clan seemed doomed to go the way of so many other clans in the online gaming world.

BUT two members remained to keep our founding idea alive. With no server and only the most basic of forums, these two members stayed true to our "Mission Statement" to provide a fun and respectful place for all to play.

Those two members are Fluffy and Zona.

Together with Tranquility (now known as Nikki), these three founding members gave life to the clan again, and like the phoenix from the ashes, .:vVv:. was re-born!

Our "coming out" announcement to the online community was posted in the Epic Unreal Tournament forums.

Those familiar with the clan will see it's quite a change from when that post was made, and what a difference seven years has made!

Consider these changes:

Feb. 2003 3 Clan Members

Feb. 2004 34 Clan Members!

Feb. 2005 55 Clan Members!

Feb. 2006 68 Clan Members!

Feb. 2007 83 Clan Members!

Feb. 2008 47 Clan Members! < We started removing MIA members for the 1st time

Feb. 2009 39 Clan Members!

Feb. 2010 30 Clan Members!

Feb. 2011 32 Clan Members!

Feb. 2003 7 Forum Members

Feb. 2004 320 Forum Members!

Feb. 2005 781 Forum Members!

Feb 2006 198 Forum Members (on new forum)! Old forum hit 1006 members before we shut it down!

Feb 2007 155 Members (we were the target of a major hacking and has to start from scratch.)

Feb. 2008 204 Members!

Feb. 2009 258 Members!

Feb. 2010 304 Members!

Feb. 2011 56 Members (New forum)!

Feb. 2003 1 Server

Feb. 2004 5 Servers!

Feb. 2005 9 Servers!

Feb 2006 7 Servers (U.S. & Euro)!

Feb. 2007 6 Servers (U.S & Euro)!

Feb. 2008 6 Servers (U.S & Euro)!

Feb. 2009 4 Servers (U.S. & Euro)!

Feb. 2010 0 Servers < The games the majority of the clan plays don’t have dedicated servers, but with new releases we expect that to change.

Feb. 2011 2 Servers run by clan members, 1 COD4 & 1 COD Black Ops!

These are but a few of the changes we've had over the past year.

Other Proud Clan milestones the past year includes;

We continue to have nightly online camaraderie on the Team Speak server.

We enjoy the new games coming out as well as the old ones. The majority of the clan plays online games like Call of Duty Black Ops, World of Warcraft, Modern Warfare 2, with some sprinkling of Borderlands, Left for Dead 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 thrown in. />
    We look to the future with anticipation for the “next level” multiplayer games, and you can bet the .:vVv:. Clan tag will be there as well!

We're happy to say that our clan is stable and has become quite respected in various areas of the globe. We have American, European, and even New Zealand clan members at the moment! We truly are “World Wide!”

And above all else, after eight years we're still known as the people that you can enjoy the games with, regardless of your age, sex or skill level.

In all it’s been a most excellent year and with more great times ahead of us, we can’t wait to see what the future brings!

A BIG THANK YOU to our clan members, forum members and server regulars, we couldn't have done it without you!

Happy Birthday Clan .:vVv:. !

We'd like to invite anyone reading this to join us online, join our forum and experience the camaraderie that is our clan!

Simply amazing Fluffy, it really shows no matter the obstacle you still move forward, even in the worst of times. Seems like your clan has grown in love of clan it self and wow this just shows your commitment!

8 years well thats just a little longer then my lasting and loving relationship with my wife. 8 years of never giving up your passion!
    F-in sweet dude! Much praise from me!!

It's been a long strange trip to coin a phrase! :mrgreen:

.:vVv:. all the way!

I do not get to game as mush as I used too but I still use the Clan Tag :-)

Man it is such a great clan. I wear my tags with pride. : )

reminds me I need to get on the COD4 server this week. I keep getting sucked into borderlands.

Thread Information