Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooted My Android Phone

Rooted My Android Phone

Well I think this qualifies as a mod as last night I went through and rooted my HTC EVO Phone. With the different types of software out there was not as bad as I thought it would be and so far everything seems to be working

So for my first ROM I chose the MikFroyo ( theMikMik.com ). I picked this one since it is optimized ROM of the HTC Sense. You get all the good stuff and you a few extras and tweaks.

Anyone else been playing with there android phones?

Rooted My Android Phone

I put Android on my iPhone, if that counts. It's really slow though, but it's fun to boot into every now and then

Rooted My Android Phone

My friend has an android.....I'm always playing with it and still trying to convince him to let me root it because there's a root hack that turns your android screen off like an old CRT TV (picture shrinks to middle and does the nifty horizontal line stuff). He told me about it and won't even let me play with his phone to do it.

So, is MikFroyo something like another OS? Or it just adds on some stuff?

Rooted My Android Phone

Anyone else been playing with there android phones?
    I currently do not have a cell phone and have not owned one in about 11 years, way before the whole flip phone and texting came about.

As for rooting your phone the only thing that comes to mind is a flower box with dirt, as I am obviously behind times with cell phones I imagine I am pretty sure that my visual concept is wrong.

Rooted My Android Phone

MikFroyo is a optimized version of the HTC Sense OS. If you looked at it after I rooted it you would not notice anything out of the ordinary, but one you go deeper you find a few items such as now I can my phone as a hotspot and not have to pay for it.

Playing around and reading I found that you can change whole themes and stuff with a program called MetaMorph in the android market.

I was a bit hesitant to root, but after a year or two most of the programs have had the bugs worked out out pretty well.

Rooted My Android Phone

I will find the article, but you want to be VERY careful rooting your phone. Google has already worked with Motorola to put security into their firmware that if a rooted phone is found through automated polling on the providers network, they can (and have already done so on occasion) turn off a phone and charge the user an early termination fee,

I'll find it, but if you are going to root the phone, you need to know that providers are cracking down on rooted phones, and they are ramping up their enforcement steps against said phones.

-=TD

Rooted My Android Phone

NOW you tell me...lol

So much for open source... well actually it is more like half open isn't it.

Rooted My Android Phone

Ohhhh the arguments are raging on that...

-=TD

Rooted My Android Phone

Open enough for games to be made on it, sold at a price, ???, Google profits.

Rooted My Android Phone

Ever since the G1. Im sure you guys remember the first Android phone mine has been hacked aka rooted. I'm running with the Samsung Vibrant and of course its Rooted as well. Runs super smooth and I wouldn't own a Android phone again unless it was rooted. There are way to many advantages to Rooting when they can be tweaked and optimized.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information