Thread: A productive day :)

A productive day :)

I went to a boot fair today and came back with a pretty good amount of loot

I got a 600W PSU (which, I assure you, does work, although it may not be 600W - it says so on the box though )
    My friend bought two old laptops for £5, which we dismantled as soon as we got back. I got a few motors from DVD drives, and SMDs, and he took a screen, a processor heatsink that looks cool, and two 2.5" IDE HDDs.

I also got a 120mm fan which we tested by plugging into a P3 computer my friend had lying around. Unfortunately fan speed control had not been invented at the time (or was just too expensive or something) and it was running at full speed. The blades nearly chopped my fingers off as I unplugged it (a bit of an exaggeration, but it was pretty painful).

Then we took a look at the PowerMac G3 case in my friend's garage. We decided it would look epic with a black and red (and possibly silver) paintjob. So it's been dismantled ready for us to buy some spray paint tomorrow. Unfortunately neither of us are 18, so we won't be able to buy any without the assistance of his mum, who doesn't want to leave the house tomorrow. This could be tricky.

So, I have a challenge for you! Guess what I paid for the 600W PSU (it's gold and shiny )

Well if your friend was able to his stuff for £5 then I am guessing..... € .69

A bit more And wrong currency for the guess AF :P The laptops were very old (pentium 3 mobile and VIA C7 mobile) and the power supply looks pretty much unused

sorry..I say about $3.00 USD

£5 actually, but still a great deal. Today I used the little money I have left over to buy an airbrush. Unfortunately I need to ghetto-rig the PSU with a car tyre air compressor (if that works) to use it.

Thread Information