Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EVGA Space Shuttle Spedo...To infinity or bust

EVGA Space Shuttle Spedo...To infinity or bust

So i am going to turn the TTE Spedo case into a gaming space shuttle. to infinity and beyond, or something like that.

I started by flipping the case onto its back, so the front is now the top and the top is now the front, I have drilled the holes and added lunar landing gear, and still need to paint it, I am in the process of finishing the Purple pearl paint that will color change from, purple, to blue, to black. Inside and out of the case will be purple pearl. I will attach some more pictures in a day or so, my card reader died, gotta go get a new one. the current feet of the case u see in the picture will be thrusters. and there will be wings soon... I have a lot more to add to this mod and will be introducing a first for water cooling reservoirs.

sounds cool, can't wait to see the pics so far.

Cool idea. Keep us posted. BTW, cool website.

weather hasn't been to good to paint in so its been slow going, almost have it all done now, case is done, sides are done , top done I do still need to get some of the little pieces painted. I fried the front bezel so I ordered a new one and am waiting on a replacement. still have alllot to do. Here is the Purple pearl paint from one angle.. I am using an EVGA classified x58 motherboard board with a EVGA GTX 580 Graphics card

on this case is called a thing Thermaltake calls a Thermal chamber they enclosed the G cards from everything else and added fans inside the chamber for maximum cooling,(its ur own little wind tunnel :-)) There used to be a plastic grill, I cut it out and am putting in a window and some white lighting maybe make it pulse.

Here is why u dont use paint stripper on plastics (melted it). just incase ur were thinking about it, Doh!! :-(

[/img]

Looking good.
    Paint stripper + plastic = melted pile of junk. I found that out myself a few weeks ago, lol. I melted a DVD drive tray.

well i haven't got to mod much in the last few days, but I did get a few things in the mail for the mod. I decided to go with Thermaltake drop in SSD Hot swap hard-drives that will convert a bay into 4 SSD drives, I also got one that will convert 3 cd bays into Hot swappable standard size drives. both air cooled. I am going to go with the Thermaltake grand 1200 watt power-supply to push my 580 hopefully can get another before build is done , i really would like to run 2 580's. I also got some water cooling stuff all Thermaltake.

Ill start modding soon, have to do the axle on my car this weekend then after this that I should be able to get back to it.

I also decided to start on a home theater mod so I decided to splurge and pic up one of these bad boys
    Cant wait to start on this one.

I was gonna build this from scratch but then I found one in the toy section, Working on converting it to wire into the computer wiring system, I had to drop the voltage from 12 to 5 in order not to burn it up, this is going to make a tornado inside my water cooling reservoir.

Stripped + and -

I original was gonna plug it into the motherboard, but then I ran across a molex plug that I decided to use. I would razther blow out the power supply then the motherboard in case of error.

GOt the hotswaps installed ... Love them.. 4 SSD drives and 3 standard drives.

ssd Hotswap

Got the paint done on the keyboard today' Thermaltake Meka G-1 Pearl.

Finally got the front bezzle in and primed with no use of paint stripper this time hahaha.. L:-)

working on the grills ill get pics in the next few days.

this is going to make a tornado inside my water cooling reservoir
    Have you tried it yet? Any pics or video as this concept sounds cool.

Yes vashant I have tested the concept and in the stages of making a final product, I should probably have the res dont this week, its been raining alot so i havent got all the paint done i needed to

here is the new front cover repainted and the base to the res.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information