Thread: Modernwarfare 3

Modernwarfare 3

Just wondering what everyone thinks about this game. [web]http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/modern-warfare-3-details-leaked[/web]

Modernwarfare 3

To tell you the truth, I don't really care. I used to play COD games all the time when it was a WWII shooter. I played the first MW and thought it was okay. IMO, the second MW was worse. It's not that bad if you think of it as an "interactive movie" and not a video game. It's just too "on-rails" for me. I like a more open-world. COD MW games are just whack-a-mole on steroids. I also hate lots of cut-scenes. Crysis 2 (as awesome as it looked) was a lot like that. I think it's very gimmicky and needless to make me click back and forth with the left and right mouse buttons just to climb or crawl during a cut scene. Also, and maybe it's just me, but I thought the story was very convoluted and hard to follow.
    That being said, they have sold a shit-ton of copies. So they must be doing something right.

Modernwarfare 3

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say convaluted but yes the on rail part I agree with for some games. My opinion is people draw from the games whatever it is that drew them to it in the first place. For some it's a sense of accomplishment, others just something to keep them busy or make new friends online with or something to test out their computers capabilities.
    Whatever the case may be, it's all about entertainment.
    There are some games genres I like and others that I'm just not in to but it doesn't make them any less worthy. It just isn't my cup of tea.
    I look back 25+ years ago to what we had. By doing that I get to enjoy and relish even more in the capabilities of todays games to surpass what was even dreamed of back in the early 80's. Not only that but I have a computer that is even better than anything NASA has ever had in retrospect.
    We're very lucky to even be born in this frame of time. Prior to this it could have been very easily a day of sticks and rocks and washing clothes all day long.
    I think many have become tainted or even spoiled in a sense with the luxuries we have today, that's not directed to anyone in particular either it's simply a general statement.
    Heck we could all still be watching black and white TV of the same shows night after night after............................................. ............................................

Modernwarfare 3

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say convaluted but yes the on rail part I agree with for some games. My opinion is people draw from the games whatever it is that drew them to it in the first place. For some it's a sense of accomplishment, others just something to keep them busy or make new friends online with or something to test out their computers capabilities.
    Whatever the case may be, it's all about entertainment.
    There are some games genres I like and others that I'm just not in to but it doesn't make them any less worthy. It just isn't my cup of tea.
    I look back 25+ years ago to what we had. By doing that I get to enjoy and relish even more in the capabilities of todays games to surpass what was even dreamed of back in the early 80's. Not only that but I have a computer that is even better than anything NASA has ever had in retrospect.
    We're very lucky to even be born in this frame of time. Prior to this it could have been very easily a day of sticks and rocks and washing clothes all day long.
    I think many have become tainted or even spoiled in a sense with the luxuries we have today, that's not directed to anyone in particular either it's simply a general statement.
    Heck we could all still be watching black and white TV of the same shows night after night after............................................. ............................................
    Good point. I completely agree.

Modernwarfare 3

I have kind of given up on COD.The last game I really liked was World at War.Black ops was a huge disappointment in my eyes,so paying $60 for a game that I'm going to either hate,or it be identical to MW2, is ridiculous for me.I,like a majority of players only play it for the multiplayer and Treyarch and Infinity Ward both can't even put a dent in the number of cheaters,hackers and boosters.I liked COD when it was world war 2 era, and even a little cold war era as in Black Ops.I just don't wanna pay for a game I have already bought.Twice.

Thread Information