Thread: Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler

Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler

For those that air cool, Noctua is a name that strikes confidence into its users, and fear into heat. Their new entry into the heat taming market is the massive, fear enducing NH-D14. Does it tame the beast of heat? or is the new heatsink all bark and no bite?

Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler

What an excellent review DeWayne! This was the same Noctua I almost used in my recent build until I discovered the RAM height issue versus the heat fins. However, it didn't go to waste. It was then used in a case for my friend J0mama's stepfather and his AMD quad core and has kept the operating temps around 24 degrees C which in my opinion is impressive for air cooling alone.

It is massive as you stated though and won't fit into just any case so builder's do need to keep that in mind but it does kick butt in the arena of awesome cooling!

Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler

That review was done by Tech-Daddy!

He did an awesome job all aspects of the review. Ya got to love his style of writing :-)

Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler

Good review, man that thing is HUGE! It looked like a skyscraper attached to that Mobo.

Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler

My apology and correction then. Kudo's Tech-Daddy for an incredible review!!! Totally professional and detailed perfectly hitting on the points that matter to builders the most. Excellently written and laid out!

Plano, Texas

Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler

Thanks guys! Much appreciated! This was my first CPU heatsink article, so I spent a little time planning it out. Glad you enjoyed it!

It is a massive beast, but I cannot argue with it's performance!

Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler

Good job on the review, I think that is only the first or second review that I actually read all the way through, usually i'll just skip to the conclusions and look at the pictures and graphs in between.

This time I read it from start to finish.

Nice review.

Thread Information