Thread: Thermaltake Case Modding submit by Dom

Thermaltake Case Modding submit by Dom

Hi, here is my idea/submit. it was easier for me to make the real thing but I have many more ideas on what to do next but I kept the aesthetics true to the real case. Some light modifications were done to the front panel including the red led trim and the removal of the crosser in between the hot swap. The handle on top is also illuminated with red leds to make it feel like the big brother the Level 10. The rest of the mods are internal and or more of heavy modification like the motherboard side panel was drilled, hole sawed. The motherboard tray needed to be cut. The side panel had to be cut and fitted with 1/4in clear Lexan and wanted to keep everything functional. The hardest part was to put the impossible into it. 2x tripple radiators which were fitted on the mother side panel 4x AMD 6970's completely watercooled Intel core i7 990x watercooled and the motherboard is also watercooled, 2X swiftech 350 water pumps and 2X EK waterblocks multi option reservoirs. Silverstone 1500W PSU and it felt impossible to accomplish. I hope you like and most of the time used was cutting the case and fabricating then Lexan side panel.

I like the full window mod it is very nice, but are you planning on doing same design for this mod as well or are you planning something different and just showing us what you have done?

Hey thanks no I am actually looking into doing something different for my next build but was just showing what I had made I have a few refinements to my current build to tackle but the next will be q differen colour scheme keep the fan and louvers since it will be air cooled and mid the existing window and front panel and fabricate a pedestal like the normal level 10 and add lighting to the red trims in a different way so it glows streamlined. I had not had a case for my current build so I saw this contest so I said why not try to fit the impossible and post as an idea and was surprised everything fit but let's say I have to drain the system to take it apart tho. I really like the case and from the pics I thought it was cheap but was amazed by it's quality and would definitely consider doing something else with gt case.

Sounds interesting you still have over 10 days to submit your idea, and if your chosen you could get the case free to mod.

Give it a shot.

Thread Information