Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zads' BeatBox Level 10 GT submission (for real t

Zads' BeatBox Level 10 GT submission (for real t

Okay so after repeated threatening letters from PETA for my original submission (see below),
    I have finished the CAD models for my real submission.

It is called "BeatBox".

The aim is to meld the modded PC with high end car audio components.
    In both PC modding and custom car audio, the hardware is displayed in a way as to show-off, as much as it is made for performance/functionality.
    Many of the PC components could be sponsored by Thermaltake... (*hinthint*)

The quick summary on the components and model:
    General:
    -Color is still kind of up in the air, depends who ends up major sponsoring the build. Would paint the accents as shown in models below. Would also get matching LED/cold cathode/etc lights for interior of case.
    -Side/Bottom 200mm mesh fan area is replaced with clear acrylic/perspex sheet
    -All models are accurate to a few mm, so fitment is accurate

Computer half:
    -Case will house a Micro ATX motherboard (most likely) due to space requirements
    -Case will use either low profile air cooler, all-in-one water cooler solution, or custom water cooling (depends what gets sponsored *hint hint Thermaltake*)
    -If no hardware sponsor is found, it will stick with some spare hardware I have on hand (Core 2 Quad, etc)
    -One dedicated PSU for the Computer half, mounting in custom location just rear of the 5 HDD bays
    -5x 128GB SSDs in the normal drive bays due to the obvious vibration issues
    -No optical drive
    -Fan controller or 2U Pump/Res combo, etc (not shown in model)

Car Audio half:

-8" Car audio subwoofer mounted in the normal PSU area, firing downward out of bottom of case. 1/2" thick acrylic/perspex enclosure for matching sealed box frequency for optimum performance and show-off of components. Alternatively can also make it fire straight out of the bottom 200mm fan 'protrusion'.
    -2x 5.25" Car audio component speakers mounted in upper 200mm fan area, also in 3/8" thick acrylic/perspex enclosures for performance.
    -The crossovers for the component speakers would be mounted in the "side mesh area" next to the drive bays, which will also be changed to acrylic. (This is not modeled below, but there is enough clearance there for certain models)
    -4-channel 500W 12v car audio amplifier mounted vertically in the position directly behind the drive bays.
    -Secondary ATX PSU dedicated for 12v power supply mounted in the lower 5.25" drive bay area, turn-on wire spliced to primary computer PSU. May have to add a 12V audio cap here.
    -Possibly replace the 3.5" drive bay section with a single DIN car audio headunit, relocate HDD tray lock.

Cutaway/Section view showing internal components fitment

Original Idea:
    My temporary submission will be composed of:
    1. Put my current Red Dwarf build into the lower motherboard section (I actually scaled the picture to actual relative case sizes :P )
    2. Put a kitten in the upper motherboard section
    3. Put a gold fish in the drive bay section

lol

Are you going to at least leave a hole between the mobo/drive bay area so if you forget to feed the kitten it can at least eat the gold fish.

Gotta think ahead.

Please ensure you make enough room up top as the cat gets bigger it might get cramped. Cats do get bigger ya know and the Level 10 GT is a massive case but still that just doesn't look like it would be much fun for the cat... :P

OK finally updated with the real BeatBox submission!

I've always been curious about putting car speakers in a PC but... what's the EMF range on a charged 8" Car audio subwoofer? The 2x 5.25" Car audio component speakers look like they're even closer to the processor.... Are you going to include any shielding?

No need to wipe the HDD nice look though

I've always been curious about putting car speakers in a PC but... what's the EMF range on a charged 8" Car audio subwoofer? The 2x 5.25" Car audio component speakers look like they're even closer to the processor.... Are you going to include any shielding?
    Haha nope, no shielding planned... I will test it with my old sacrificial hardware first haha

The on-board components (CPU, GPU) shouldn't have any problems with the EM noise.

The only place you might get interference is if your SATA or PATA cables run near those magnets, due to the low frequency noise.
    PATA cables are generally unshielded, and SATA cables have thin foil shielding which is ineffective against the low frequency EM noise that would be generated off the subwoofer, for instance.
    If the cables ran near the subwoofer, it would require braided (stranded wires, looks like cable sleeving but metal) shielding to deal with the low frequency EM noise.
    In this case, the cables are as far away from the speakers/subwoofer as possible.

No need to wipe the HDD nice look though
    Hmm.. I could also add a HDD holder near the subwoofer for a "integrated HDD erasure" feature!

Anyway, I would go SSDs only in this case (I already have them anyway) mostly due to the insane vibrations the case would experience.
    Loc-tite and high density foam dampening material will likely be needed to applied liberally inside..

I'd use SSD too,but I thought anything with memory would be corruptible by magnetism.

Well even DNA is "corruptible" by magnetism, but I'm not really worried about it.
    I'll do some long-run IntelBurnTest cycles with the speakers on to see if anything gets messed.

Oh damn, and I realized that I suppressed the Thermaltake logo feature on my renders!
    Its actually embossed on the lower acrylic window replacement, but I suppressed it because it was taking a long time to render all the reflections and refractions from it.
    Anyway, yeah the Thermaltake logo will be either vinyl overlay or laser etched onto that bottom acrylic window.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information