Thread: Submission for Thermaltake Mod

Submission for Thermaltake Mod

I'm still Messing with some Ideas but the biggest one that I would like to do is Create a Window for the side to show off the insides. It's Hard to show how I would do the window with a picture since I am not that great with Photoshop or other programs but you can kind of see what I want to do.

I was thinking cut Where I have it shown in the picture..I also want to keep the shapes that create the case. The squares on the side would be built in Plexi or refitted onto the Plexi. I was thinking smoke colored would look pretty clean on this case. Also the red on the side that I have put in on the drive bays. Also I want to put lights inside the edges of the Window so that the edges Glow.

Besides that I would keep most of the case the same. Like I said I am still messing with Ideas but this seems to be the main part I would focus on. Maybe some Chrome Feet, Small highlights and hints here and there. I was thinking maybe a white or red interior but I like black and an etched Thermaltake logo on the window.

I'm trying to get something put together in sketchup to give a better or more clear sight on what I'm trying to show

Don't hate on my Wicked Photoshop skills...lol

A little update on what I would like to do. The places I have in red I would put in a smoked acrylic with leds behind them for small highlights.

I've been trying to figure out a way to show how I would do the side panel still but I cannot find a model of this case in Sketchup. I pretty much want to cut out a window almost the size of the side panel but would still keep the lock. I would also keep the shapes of the side by building them out of the smoked acrylic...This would keep all of the shape and still allow everything you put into your computer to be seen.

I'll keep updating as I play with Sketchup some more so maybe I can show of a real model what it would like like.

A little better visual of what I am talking about. I spent a little time learning Cinema 4D and came up with a rough picture. It's not complete nor is it perfect but I am having issues with colors and lighting. The red would be a dark acrylic with red shining through it. The side panel as I was saying before would be a dark acrylic..I would keep the lock on the side panel along with the fan function built into the box to direct air. I still need to work on detail, lighting, and all of that..It's a pain when you don't really know the software. I've used it only a few times in the past.

These Ideas are rather interesting. I like the direction your going with this. Keep it up this could turn out awesome!

So beyond everything I have explained and have tried to show in pics on the back side panel I would cut out the T
    and cut out a smaller T in the panel and put in black acrylic lit up. In all I am looking at a sleek clean look. I just like that clean classy look. I think the pictures do no justice to how it would really appear. Obviously where the fan box is there would be holes drilled for air flow keeping all functions of the case. I am looking at just amping the appearance.

Interesting, what about something for the feet too? The reason I ask is the Level 10 has the most unique foot design of any of the available cases today. I'm surprised no one has messed with them too much yet.

Interesting, what about something for the feet too? The reason I ask is the Level 10 has the most unique foot design of any of the available cases today. I'm surprised no one has messed with them too much yet.
    I like wheels personally because I beat up my floor without them but I like the current feet they have on their case. I was looking into some chrome wheels for it but It would take away some of the look of the case. I was also playing around with the idea of some different angled legs which also didn't fit. LOL if I owned it I would be putting felt under the feet so I didn't beat up my floor.

Thread Information