Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your opinion about the Israeli-Arab conflict?

What's your opinion about the Israeli-Arab conflict?

I'm an Israeli soldier and All I see is the preparations and how people are trying to rearrange themselves for the would-be war... What i don't know is the world opinion about all these and was wondering if I'll get an answer here...
    :?:

This is a topic that could go really bad really fast. I will allow it to stay open so long as it remains in the realm of mature conversation. This might be too heavy a topic for a modding forum.

My two cents is..I don't think either side really wants peace. I'm positive that Lebanon and Hezbollah don't. At least their actions don't indicate that they do. The same could be said of Isreal to some extent. There seems to be to much emotion and history over there and I'm not sure if the countries there can overcome that.

war looks pretty iminent to me, be safe Dimka and may whatever higher power you believe in watch over you

Funny ... Israel pulls back from the Heights and Gaza. THEN ... they launch 750 rockets into Israel, attack their civilians, kidnap them. And if Israel defends itself, the world is aghast!

Go figure ???

The world needs to understand in my opinion that Iran and Syria are behind most of the problems in the Middle East. The Arabs want to wipe Israel off the map ... sounds familiar?

The Arabs want to wipe Israel off the map ... sounds familiar?
    Saying that either arabs or israelis are good or bad is IMHO simplistic. I'm sure the majority of both peoples are just like any of us, human beings who only want peace and a family, a job, etc. If you gave them the oportunity to achieve that AND teach them that any conflict can be resolved without violence we would have totally different news from that part of the world.

Conflicts are exploited by stupid governments and power hungry leaders, followed by ignorant/desperate people who only want a chance to have a decent life.

Do you guys really think that a father/mother with happy children would send them to war? Only hopeless parents would take such a desperate and wrong measure.

I have a 3 yr. old daughter and I'm sure I wouldn't mind someone attacking a religious icon while she grows happy.

[hope my engrish is understandable, peace 2 all]

The Arabs want to wipe Israel off the map ... sounds familiar?
    Saying that either arabs or israelis are good or bad is IMHO simplistic.

You're putting words into my mouth. I never said one was bad or good. But if you're bringing it up. Yes, in most cases there is one or the other. I'm not PC (politically controlled) and see the world realistically.

The Arabs and Persians HAVE said they want to wipe Israel off the map. In my opinion, that makes them wrong.

I'm sure the majority of both peoples are just like any of us, human beings who only want peace and a family, a job, etc. If you gave them the oportunity to achieve that AND teach them that any conflict can be resolved without violence we would have totally different news from that part of the world.
    That is true. But you forget the main people here. Terrorists. Or even elected terrorists. Because you're elected doesn't make you a democracy. Especially if you condone terror.

Conflicts are exploited by stupid governments and power hungry leaders, followed by ignorant/desperate people who only want a chance to have a decent life.
    And terrorists. In the M.E. the conflicts are almost always started by terrorists, not governments.
    Point ... Israel has the right to defend itself and its citizens from wanton rocket attacks, kidnappings, and border attacks.

In my opinion they need to overthrow ALL middle eastern governments so they have a chance at getting noncorrupted, power hungry, egotistical bastards that care for no one but themselves. Sorry but thats just how i feel about the middle east.

The Arabs and Persians HAVE said they want to wipe Israel off the map. In my opinion, that makes them wrong.An arab MINORITY have said they want to wipe Israel off the map. Just like an american MINORITY wants to wipe non-white minorities from the us. That doesn't make me simply say americans want to kill all ethnic minorities.

But you forget the main people here. Terrorists.
    Again, are you saying most arabs/persians are terrorists? If so I say you're wrong.

Point ... Israel has the right to defend itself and its citizens from wanton rocket attacks, kidnappings, and border attacks.
    I suggest you to read a little history before writing such a statement (hint: mid 60s). Check which country ran terrorist attacks then. Even knowing that you won't see me saying the israeli people was wrong, I keep thinking the attacks were led by stupid leaders, NOT the israeli people.

I have good friends, descendants of both groups. I really can't see a terrorist tendency in any of them, really.

im neutral both countries have thier reasons. im going to stay out of this.

/me thinks senior98 was wiser than Xyvotha himself

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information