Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: case choice/fan modification

Clear Coat

case choice/fan modification

Hey everyone... i have a POS 99 cent case that came with my "custom" computer. (bought from seller on ebay)
    I havent done anything "moddish" to it, but it is horrible, and i wanted to replace it.
    I found two cases that i like:
    CoolerMaster WaveMaster
    and
    Thermaltake Tsunami

I like the cooler master better for looks, but it only has 3 80mm fans, and noise is a factor in my environment. (parents get grouchy when they cant hear the TV over my jet engine)

I was just wondering if anyone has had either case, and how easy it would be to put some 120's into the wavemaster(or if the 3 80mm fans are enough to keep up good airflow.

(I hope this is in the right area)

well I said cooler master, I know a guy with one and he is very happy with it.

Clear Coat

thanks,
    do you know if he has had any cooling/noise issues?

I have that coolermaster wavemaster case that I use for my HTPC. IT is very quiet, and the fans do a decent job. (I'm only running an Athlon XP 2600+ though). One nice thing about this case is that the rear exhaust port is just a big hole... No stupid grill that blocks 2/3 of the air trying to escape. Put a good Panaflo fan on that and you're set. If you want to OC your rig alot, I'd recommend cutting an air intake hole/duct into the side panel over your CPU.

Overall this is a very high quality case.... My only beef with it is that mounting the PSU is a bit annoying.

As for noise levels, it is actually quite quiet. The noise level will lagely depend on the type of fans you choose to install.

Overall I give the case a 7.5-8 out of 10 total score... Definately a viable option.

I have the Cooler Master Blue LE Wave Master and I couldn't be happier. It is a very high quality case. The Thermaltake Tsunami is nice, but it has a plastic front, no removable motherboard tray, and brushed aluminum looks better then gloss black and silver. The Tsunami has potential to run cooler than the Wave Master, but it's not like the Wave Master couldn't handle the heat.

Here's some pictures of my Wave Master for reference.

http://www.sui-online.com/psone.htm

http://www.sui-online.com/clanforum/viewtopic.php?t=15

I got a Yellow Wave Master, but I can't tell how well it works as I have never had it out of the box...lol

sui-winbolo ya got any more info on your ps1 screen mod?

Wow, never out of the box? lol

Sure, what would you like to know? Or should I say see?

Clear Coat

Yah... i was looking at the blue one as well. i like how it looks, but the tsunami has a better door latch system, has the rubber hd mounts and 120mm fans.
    Also, the tsunami i was looking at came in brushed aluminum, and the door was aluminum too.
    I rejected the sonata solely because of the plastic door.

They changed the design of the Tsunami? That's cool. It's all up to you in the end. If it was me I would choose Cooler Master, but I'm just a fanboy now.

i not crazy bout thermaltake's cases ... to flashy ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information