Thread: Thermaltake Mod Submittal -BS Mods #4 - Carbon Fiber

Thermaltake Mod Submittal -BS Mods #4 - Carbon Fiber

I was surprised nobody had thought of this before.

It seems everyone loves carbon fiber these days. Whether it's real of fake doesn't seem to matter. So there are lots of options to get the look of it from films to spray techniques.

Can you imagine this case if it were completely carbon fiber?

My idea for this mod would be to do a carbon fiber look on the case, add a couple windows to see inside, change out the case feet, and some remote control led lighting.

Most people stop at modding the outside of cases. I would do the entire inside as well by breaking it down to individual pieces and giving it the carbon fiber treatment. I know of a process that will make it look real while still retaining it's original fitment, but will get a high gloss urethane over the top. It will look like carbon fiber pieces were made specifically for this case.

I made a quick Sketchup since we are running out of time on submittals. I think it would be pretty easy to picture a carbon fiber case in your mind though.

I may not use the logos as you see them here but wanted to give you an idea of possible placement.

Check it out-

I'm surprised no one has thought of it either. http://www.modders-inc.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4964

I'm surprised no one has thought of it either. http://www.modders-inc.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4964
    Doh!! How did I miss that. It looks great! Great minds think alike you know. The red is cool too.

I wouldn't be painting the carbon fiber on, there is a different process that I would use and I would do the entire case inside and out so maybe it's a little different? :wink:

Wish I had the skillz for air brushing but I just don't think I do. Although I've never really tried much.
    :roll:

By no means did I think your submission was the same. You take it a step further with the carbon fiber which is awesome. I just didn't know if my submission was even visible =) 200+ views and only 1 reply, I didn't think it was that bad of an idea =)

I was going to apply the 3M di-noc on the GT for a tutorial guide, but spare time is eluding me. I look forward to seeing what you do Bob! 8-)

By no means did I think your submission was the same. You take it a step further with the carbon fiber which is awesome. I just didn't know if my submission was even visible =) 200+ views and only 1 reply, I didn't think it was that bad of an idea =)
    I'm surprised by the lack of replies for you. I thought it looked amazing. Fantastic job on the Sketchup too. Nice and detailed.

I think there are so many forums/threads it becomes overwhelming so people just rush through and look but don't take the time to comment.

Good luck to you!

I was going to apply the 3M di-noc on the GT for a tutorial guide, but spare time is eluding me. I look forward to seeing what you do Bob! 8-)
    Not sure if this idea will get picked or not.

I was wondering how much stretch the di-noc has and if it could stretch over some of the big bulky panels cleanly? I've seen the stuff you've done so far and it looks great to work with.

Thread Information